RSS Feed Print
Need Feedback!
Michelle Barton
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2011 2:18 PM

Hello everybody! I am new here. I just started writing my first book and would love ANY feedback! Thanks in advance.

Charl F king
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2011 11:13 AM

I see I did read your draft and responded. Was it helpful?
Marcie
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2011 12:43 PM

We're all here because we need feedback.

Mimi Speike
Posted: Friday, December 2, 2011 2:28 PM

I think that the way to encourage feedback is to join in the discussions, and to be so pertinent and eloquent that folks say, Damn! Who is this person? I've got to read their work.

Promote yourself, yes, but don't beg. That strategy won't get you far. 

Mimi Speike
Mimi Speike
Posted: Friday, December 2, 2011 3:08 PM

Another thought: a tit-for-tat thing, you read me, I'll read you, that's a loser also.

If I discover a discussion entry that grabs me, I check out the author profile. If I like what I find in the personal info, I sample a submission. If that beguiles me, I read the entirety, eventually delivering a verdict. Uh oh, that sounds ominous, doesn't it? I'm severe, I admit it, but I'm harshest on myself. 

Mimi Speike
Mimi Speike
Posted: Friday, December 2, 2011 3:37 PM

Get used to it, people. Once I start, I don't shut up.

The genius of this site is that you have endless opportunities to make the case that you are one whose work is worth checking out. 

Speak up! But, polish every comment. Off-the-top-of-the-head stuff may convey a point of view, but it's not going to convince me that you can write. Intelligence and style in the discussions are what lead me to select a book to read.

Brother! Get me! Like I'm some sort of expert or something. Far from it, folks. I'm trying to figure this out myself. I'll let you know how it goes.

Mimi Speike

Jump to different Forum...