RSS Feed Print
Nice to meet you!
Alexandria Brim
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2011 6:15 AM

I thought I would start things off properly and introduce myself. I discovered Book Country while attending Comic Con in New York this previous weekend. They had a table set up and I eagerly grabbed a pamphlet and a button.

I am currently writing a novel (okay, actually two, but I'm stuck on one) and would love to get feedback before I start shopping it around. And I'm very interested in what may be on this site.

As reader--and a writer--I prefer historical fiction novels, though location differs. As a reader, I prefer the period around the American Revolution--such as in Sara Donati's "Into the Wilderness" series. As a writer, I prefer a more medieval period, though I definitely think my works would classify more as "alternative history" rather than straight historical fiction.

L R Waterbury
Posted: Friday, October 28, 2011 8:11 PM

There aren't too many of us alternate history folks on this site, so welcome.
Alexandria Brim
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2011 4:32 AM

Thank you. I hope our numbers grow soon. While I enjoy straight historical fiction, I think it's fun to explore history, like writing in a medieval setting without having to be too specific. Just enough to call up the period in the reader's mind. And to explore how the world might be different if something else happened instead.
Marcie
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2011 6:21 PM

Welcome to Book Country Alexandria
Alexandria Brim
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:00 PM

Thank you, Marcie!
SusanElizabeth
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:39 PM

Alexandria -

I just came across this post on Twitter. It's an interview with a lit agent who has "a special fondness for historical romance."

http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/guide-to-literary-agents/agent-advice-jessica-alvarez-of-bookends-llc
Alexandria Brim
Posted: Thursday, December 1, 2011 5:04 AM

Thank you for the link, Susan! I'll read it over again when it's not really late and my eyelids are drooping. But I think I shall be adding her to my list of "future agents to contact" for when my novel is complete.

Jump to different Forum...