RSS Feed Print
Quotes From Your Story
Christy Marie Kent
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 12:57 AM

From Moonshine, Madness, and Murder:

Mamaw held her cup in both hands, sipping coffee infused with so much sugar and cream that the mixture had the tint of peanut butter, as we caught up on the last ten years. “So you wanna talk about what brought you running down here?” she asked, about half an hour in.

I knew she would bug me until I told her everything. To make this staying-with-Mamaw thing work without either of us strangling the other, I needed to find a man, and he needed to be funny, charming, sexy—yes, sexy! Hot and hookup-worthy—and he needed to be about seventy years old, so he could keep Mamaw busy while I wallowed in my own problems.

And:

"Folks just don't understand Catholics, with their Hail, Marys and robes and incense. Around here, Hail Mary's a desperation football play, robes is for people who ain't dressed proper, and incense ... well, incense is somethin' that you do with your cousin."
GD Deckard
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 2:42 PM
Christy I enjoyed the 2nd quote. Thanks.
Christy Marie Kent
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:11 AM

Thanks, GD. And from the quote, you can probably guess that it's set in my beloved south. My fictional hometown of Quacker Holler, Tennessee. I live in Minneapolis now, perhaps I'll even die in Minneapolis, but I will die a southerner.

Jump to different Forum...