RSS Feed Print
Is this true about blogging? Do many people feel this way?
Annabelle R Charbit
Posted: Sunday, October 16, 2011 4:03 PM

"Blogging is graffiti with punctuation" Contagion. I didn't know whether to laugh or kill myself!

RJBlain
Posted: Tuesday, December 6, 2011 3:27 PM

I think that is something that has as many different opinions as there are people.

Sure, to someone who doesn't like blogging, I could see how that is the case.

I certainly don't view it that way. I view blogging as a way to talk about something I enjoy, share my experiences writing, and also connect readers with writers, and even other writers with writers.

I guess all that matters is what you get out of it. That said, blogging has the issue of opinions. Blogs, even from the most reputable of sources, are opinions. Everyone has one, and what you read in a blog isn't necessarily accurate or truth.

Just my ten cents on the matter.
Alexandria Brim
Posted: Tuesday, December 6, 2011 9:31 PM

I happen to enjoy writing my blogs. I started doing it after graduating as both a way to keep up my writing skills and to bolster my journalism portfolio.

I also enjoy reading other people's blogs--varying from professional-level stories to personal musings. Journalists are turning more and more to blogs as the print media dies a slow death.

I guess whoever said that quote just hadn't found quality blogs.
Alexander Hollins
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 10:48 AM

Blogs have always existed in different forms, and been decried. Back in the 60's and 70's, when copy machines started getting popular, people would write stuff, and it would get photocopied and passed around.  A lot of colleges had inter-school mail, and so friends who went to different colleges could send stuff to each other pretty cheaply, and it would get spread around. Fan fic also spread that way a lot back then. A new fan fic by someone with popularity could find itself in a thousand different hands in a week. With email, the same thing happened, but faster and cheaper.  But there were lots of people that wrote things that got spread around, chain mail style, that people enjoyed. Blogging is the same thing, people with an opinion, sharing that opinion with like minded peer groups.

Jump to different Forum...