RSS Feed Print
What is the hardest step for you to get through when writing?
Mimi Speike
Posted: Saturday, December 7, 2013 3:13 PM

I've got an idea jumping in my head, not ready to bust out into the world. It's a color/concept near and dear to my heart, and if I can make it work, it'll be a dandy. I'm thinking 'P' right now. Plumage, persimmons, Peru. (what color are persimmons? Got to Google that.)

I'll get back to you, Carl, you Pied-Piper of Profuse Phraseology. Presently. Probably. Perhaps. 

--edited by Mimi Speike on 12/7/2013, 3:14 PM--

DJS
Posted: Sunday, January 5, 2014 11:23 AM
Carl: I wanted to make a contribution to your color carousal but found add reply unposted. Anyway, I picked blue. Having an Avatar blue Blue Christmas, I went for a swim in the Blue Lagoon, but got blue lips in the cold water and wound up reading Blue Highways by William Least Heat Moon. Returned home on Jet Blue.
DJS
Posted: Sunday, January 5, 2014 12:06 PM

Mimi: I'm honored to have one of your eminence nominate me for the CARL E. REED PRIZE for PERCEPTIVE and HIGHLY ENTERTAINING COMMENTARY. Heavy lies the head that wears the Crown Royal. As this momentous occasion unfolds, I must remind you that I would remain perpetually tongue-tied were it not for the inspired commentary posted on DISCUSSIONS. I must go back twenty years to recall when I had received an honor of any note. In the December, 1993, issue of Hustler magazine, I was voted ASSHOLE of the MONTH for having proposed that Hustler devote a spread to prosthetic models. Guess I was ahead of the times.

Mimi Speike
Posted: Sunday, January 5, 2014 2:19 PM

Kid, you slay me. So glad to have you on board this Ship of Fools.

I will be reading your book(s). I'm writing away at the moment (Carl, I've got the baptism scene nailed. Zay-nee and then some, but I'm still playing with it, adding more-more-more, as I tend to do) and I do have of list of promised reviews. Don't tell anyone, but I'm going to bump you up.

Don't you read my thing until I put up the new version, maybe in another two months. I've made many changes. Improvements, I hope, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

--edited by Mimi Speike on 1/5/2014, 2:32 PM--

JCW Stevenson
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 12:00 AM

Starting is easy for me.

The second paragraph, however... that's my stumbling block! If I can get past that then I'm good.

Editing? Never heard of it

JCW Stevenson
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 12:12 AM

I'm not as green as I am cabbage-looking?

Carl E. Reed wrote:

Maybe we can turn this into a fun, open exercise for everyone...

I'm not as green as I am cabbage-looking?

Jump to different Forum...