RSS Feed Print
Could use some serious Sci-Fi writing help...
Michael Guarneiri
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 3:40 AM

I put up a Cyberpunk/Dystopian short story not long ago (John-E). I've had two reviews thus far, but the reviewers said before reading the story (i.e. as a disclaimer) that they weren't exactly sci-fi lovers. I'd really appreciate some solid sci-fi advice.
Michael Guarneiri
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 11:17 PM

Thank you. I really appreciate your willingness to help. The whole cyberpunk sci-fi is very experimental for me. Just know that I've got pretty thick-skin when it comes to criticism - only interested in improving as a writer - so feel free to say it however you have to. Thanks again!
Michael Guarneiri
Posted: Tuesday, May 3, 2011 1:03 AM

Marilyn,
Just read your review. I don't think I can adequately express how EXTREMELY helpful that was. You mentioned something that I really engaged with. I think I'll use it to better the story when the time comes to write the second draft. I'll probably put it aside for a week or two as the story is still pretty fresh in my mind. I really appreciate your time/help. The review was also very encouraging and I appreciate that.

THUMBS UP!
Mike Perkins
Posted: Tuesday, May 3, 2011 4:57 AM

I will put your work on my list and start a review tonight - might take me a day or two to finish though.
Philip Tucker
Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2011 8:46 PM

I'd like to look at John-E but I can't find it. I'm a newby - can you help?

Jump to different Forum...