RSS Feed Print
Introduction / Project Awareness
J Montgomery
Posted: Wednesday, February 3, 2016 7:55 PM

Evening everyone,

I wanted to take a minute to finally introduce myself -- Name's Jordan and I've technically been a member here for quite some time. However, I only briefly made use of BookCountry in the past before falling off the grid for many years, much the same with the writing project that I would also like to promote below. I've been writing in some form or another since I was a child, usually silly hero stories that featured me, myself, and a handful of real life friends, but it wasn't until my college years from 2004-2008 that I really started taking the idea of writing a full fledged book seriously. I currently work in a position that offers me a good degree of both autonomy and down time, so I've dusted off the short-story-turned-novel from 2005 and begun the long task of redoing it. Like they say, you are your worst critic after all and its certainly proving true in my case!

The title of this project is called Herald of Flame. I'm still working on crafting a good hook, but for those reading this introduction, if you'll permit me to try a line or two to see if I can genuinely pique anyone's interest as opposed to shamelessly asking for feedback...

What would you do if everything and everyone you knew and loved was taken from you in an instant? Would you continue on with your life or punish the one responsible, regardless of how many other lives you trampled along the way?

Herald of Flame is a fantasy epic in the work that explores the concept of revenge and what happens to one man when he loses everyone and everything near and dear to him. And, in so doing, also focuses around those that get drawn into the conflict. I've uploaded the first ten chapters here and would really appreciate any feedback I can get. If my hook wasn't able to pique your interest, this is probably the point where I shamelessly ask for feedback haha. All in all, it's nice to finally make use of this site and I look forward to connecting with more people on here!

Cheers,
Jordan

Amber J. Wolfe
Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2016 12:41 AM

Hi, Jordan! Welcome to Book Country

You're writing epic fantasy, huh? Awesome!

I'll put your story on my to-read list. It'll be a while before I can read it, but I'd be interested in checking it out.

I'm going to send you a connection request, so we can communicate via PM, if you'd like.

Amber

J Montgomery
Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2016 10:54 AM

Hi Amber!

Pleasure to make your acquaintance. Not to worry if it takes you some time to read, I accepted your connection request and saw that you're following a decent amount of work on here, so I understand the potential delay. I'm still busily working on my revisions and am nearing the 2/3 mark. I figure the longer it takes anyone to really get through what I share, the longer I have to write and less I'm likely to be hounded for more than I have available haha

Amber J. Wolfe
Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2016 9:36 PM

Great that you've accepted my connection request! PM me whenever you want, then. I'm usually free to talk

Also, a majority of the books I'm following I've already reviewed. I just have them listed 1), to support the authors who wrote them, in case a reader finds them through my profile, and 2), so I'll be able to see if any updates have been made to the story.

I do have a lot of writing I read and critique on other sites, though. That's why I said it'll probably take me a while. I have actual deadlines there, lol.

Jump to different Forum...