RSS Feed Print
2016 Writing Resolutions
Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Monday, January 4, 2016 4:01 PM

Happy New Year, writers! What are your 2016 writing resolutions? Share below!
Amber J. Wolfe
Posted: Tuesday, January 5, 2016 3:58 AM

Well, I shared my Resolutions on the 13 more days of 2015 thread, but I guess I can share here too

My goals for 2016 are:

• Write and polish Destiny's Bond to the best of my abilities.
  • Write and submit at least 3 short stories to various magazines (I'm hoping I've developed my writing style enough not to be laughed at for mediocre skills).
  • Keep writing.
There. Those are my plans. Whether it'll actually happen is to be seen, ahahaha . . .

DJ Lutz
Posted: Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:41 PM

This may be circumventing the New Year's Resolution protocol, but I made my writing resolution a few months ago. And that was to take my writing to the next level and consider it a product for distribution in a business, as in my own business.

So if I had to garner a new New Year's Resolution, it would be to stay on track with my plan. Here we are in day 5 of the year and so far so good. Domain name purchased, website (at least the bones of it) published, monthly-ish newsletter in progress, and short story requested for an anthology underway. Next steps will be professional editing of The Apple Pie Alibi, a new author photo - taken by a true professional photographer, and then decisions on book covers. If funds permit, I will be using BC's Prospect package to get the most bang for the buck.

And as always, I'll eat better and exercise more.

No I won't.

But it wouldn't be New Years without offering those up.

Again.

Perry
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2016 7:26 PM

1. Complete and submit my Social Security benefits application, sure to be the most remunerative on-line writing project I’ll ever have.

2.  Quit my day job. Free up time for other pursuits.

3.  Become active in the local writers’ group.

4.  Register for the community education writing class at the school three towns over.

5. Submit no fewer than four short stories to national magazines.

6. Have no fewer than six stories published in local journals or periodicals.

7.  Have the first novel accepted by a traditional publisher, or in the alternative, self-publish the first novel.

8.  Train a horse to work in harness. You’d be astonished to know the ideas and language that come to mind while doing this.

9.  Produce a volume of the granddaughter's writings (she'll soon be seven years old) about her visits to Camp Grandpa.

10.  Sleep. Dream the plot line and characters of the second novel.

--edited by Perry on 1/8/2016, 7:39 PM--

Elsie Byron
Posted: Saturday, January 9, 2016 11:07 AM

Hi I'm Elsie Byron and I'm new to this site so my resolution must be to do the best I can and try to get at least most of a manuscript done. My time limit is six months to do at least half or two thirds of my story. Can it be done? Or is it the impossible dream? I ask myself. We'll see.
Birdy Sugarbin
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2016 3:22 PM

I'm new to this magical land you people call "book country." As I roam through the different genres, I have a few writing resolutions:
* I would like to finish my first children's chapter book
* I would like to revisit and perhaps rewrite my first novel, which is a medieval, historical fiction novel
* I would like to meet other writers and workshop other potential projects here in the land of the book

And to end with one of my favorite author's quotes, here you go folks...
All those who believe in Telekinesis, raise my hand.

Jump to different Forum...