RSS Feed Print
Interested in having your Young Adult book reviewed/workshopped?
AP George
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2015 1:01 PM

Hello, Bookcountry members!

I would like to know if there are people on this site interested in reading and reviewing Young Adult books. 

I've been a part of a Young Adult review group on another site. It has run for eons and especially in the last year acted as a focus group for unpublished YA fiction (when 8-12 people would read your book all at once, providing feedback). I would like to know if this group could relocate here.

(We have created a dedicated thread already and you can find it here: http://www.bookcountry.com/Community/discussion/default.aspx?g=posts&t=8589937825 ) 

Here how it has worked so far: 

1) Every two weeks all members read and comment on the current YA being reviewed/workshopped. The comments are posted both on a dedicated thread and on that author’s book domain. 

2) Members commit to read a minimum of three chapters (or first 10,000 words), but often they read more. Comments can be posted in one go, or over several posts. 

3) When it’s your turn to have your book reviewed/workshopped, you’ll be asked to give a few details about yourself to help us get to know you better - and an idea of what you specifically would like to get out of your reviews - eg: opinions on plot; dialogue; punctuation, characterisation, or just whether people like it and want to read on. Whatever you need. 

4) You don't have to participate every single review period, but you might have to wait a little longer before your book comes up for review. Every two weeks I tally up participation, and this determines when your turn will be next. This is calculated as follows: number of reviews given less number of reviews received. 

If any of you are interested, please either post on this thread or message me. 

Look forward to hearing from you. 

Anna (AP George)

Jump to different Forum...