RSS Feed Print
Friendless newbie
Lucy Basey
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2015 8:40 AM

Hi all, I'm not as sad as the title suggests but I am new and relatively friendless on this site. I'm just stopping by to say hi. I'm finding BC a little confusing but I think I'm beginning to find my way around the site. I write mostly YA fiction.

How is every one else finding BC?

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2015 5:34 PM

Hi, Lucy. Welcome to Book Country

I read some of your posts on the site and you sound like a nice person--I'd be glad to call you a friend

I'm going to send you a Connection Request, so we can message each other, if you'd like--I'm a newbie, too, and would love to have conversations with someone in the same situation. I'll be glad to be review buddies--though I'll review any WIP even if the recipient doesn't review mine. On your Profile Page, I see you're into Romance. I am, too, though my own manuscripts don't have much romance in them--I'm more of a Dark Fantasy Fiction writer, myself.

You have a WIP up, I see. I'll review it for you as a welcome present

I'm betting you'll make other friends on Book Country, too. This site has been essential in my growth as a budding writer--Without the support of my fellow members, I might have given up on myself a year ago.

Happy Writing!

Newbie Writer, Amber

--edited by Amber Wolfe on 4/25/2015, 9:54 PM--

Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 12:18 PM

Hi Lucy! Love your name!

Welcome to Book Country. Let me know if I can help you find your way around!

Emma V. Leech
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2015 5:14 PM

Hi Lucy!

thanks for connecting with me, I am relatively new also and am still fumbling around myself so good to know you

Emma x

Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2015 5:19 PM

Welcome to you as well, Emma--your name is lovely as well!

Let me know if you need any help, too.

Carlos Duval
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 3:06 PM

Hello from England. Newly joined I have no Idea what I'm doing yet on this site but here goes. My name is Peter McGeehan, writing as Carlos Duval. I have completed one fictional biography called LA Love. Nothing to do with Los Angeles but is the Innitials of the two main characters, Liam and Angela. Set mostly in Liverpool England It follows the fortunes of Liam throughout the 60s to the 90s. Their first meeting is such that there can be no romance but fete takes a hand and they meet by chance years later which culminates in the classic romance novel ending. Ahhh. The story is laced with romances, humours tragedy and takes the reader on a roller coaster ride to destinations around the world, inckuding the USA. I have aso written several short story books, all of which have been self published I have been writing seriously for over two years having had the occasional work published in the past in magazines and one play publically performed..

I am a member of a local writing group and I am frequently asked to lead the sessions. I've earned more doing that than any royalties cheques. However I love writing and that Is my principal motivation. There Is much yet to learn and I hope to benefit from my membership of 'BookCountry' fro here on in.

Best wishes. Peter.

Jump to different Forum...