RSS Feed Print
Quick Critters Beta Read Group
Romana Drew
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 10:54 AM

Quick Critters Group 

Quick Critters is designed to get manuscripts critiqued beta-reader fashion in under a month giving the author useful feedback with short turn-around times and meaningful edits.  

Authors must:

Have a finished manuscript of at least 50,000 words.

Be able to critique an entire novel in a reasonable time. 

Between 50,000 and 80,000 words =2 weeks 

Between 80,000 and 100,000 words = 3 weeks 

Over 100,000 words = 4 weeks. 

To participate in the group: 

Post the basic information about your book, title, genre, length, link, target audience (YA, MG, etc.), short hook, and any other pertinent information such as adult themes. Include how you want to be critiqued, spelling and grammar, plot holes, character development, etc. in a reply to this thread. 

At the beginning of each round, I will post the list of all qualifying books and ask each person to make a list of the books they would most like to crit.  

You can post you choices here or send message me. 

I will assign a critter to each book based on you selections. That way you will be reviewing one person’s book while someone else reviews yours. Although swapping reads is nice, it doesn’t always lead to honest reviews. 

Critters must: 

Message the author, and me, letting us how you are progressing or if you are having difficulty finishing on time. 

Post a long review when you have finished the book, at least 500 words. 

Finish on time.  

You will not be assigned a critter unless you are critiquing, and will not be assigned a new critter until you have completed your assigned critique. 

Keep your critiques polite and constructive. Establishing a dialogue with the author is encouraged, but not required. 

Notify me when the critique is complete.  

I hope to start the first round on March 30, 2015. It takes quite a few active participants to make this work so if you are interested, please try to recruit a member or two. 

Thank you! 

Quick Critters Group 

Quick Critters is designed to get manuscripts critiqued beta-reader fashion in under a month giving the author useful feedback with short turn-around times and meaningful edits.  

Authors must:

Have a finished manuscript of at least 50,000 words.

Be able to critique an entire novel in a reasonable time. 

Between 50,000 and 80,000 words =2 weeks 

Between 80,000 and 100,000 words = 3 weeks 

Over 100,000 words = 4 weeks. 

To participate in the group: 

Post the basic information about your book, title, genre, length, link, target audience (YA, MG, etc.), short hook, and any other pertinent information such as adult themes. Include how you want to be critiqued, spelling and grammar, plot holes, character development, etc. in a reply to this thread. 

At the beginning of each round, I will post the list of all qualifying books and ask each person to make a list of the books they would most like to crit.  

You can post you choices here or send message me. 

I will assign a critter to each book based on you selections. That way you will be reviewing one person’s book while someone else reviews yours. Although swapping reads is nice, it doesn’t always lead to honest reviews. 

Critters must: 

Message the author, and me, letting us how you are progressing or if you are having difficulty finishing on time. 

Post a long review when you have finished the book, at least 500 words. 

Finish on time.  

You will not be assigned a critter unless you are critiquing, and will not be assigned a new critter until you have completed your assigned critique. 

Keep your critiques polite and constructive. Establishing a dialogue with the author is encouraged, but not required. 

Notify me when the critique is complete.  

I hope to start the first round on March 30, 2015. It takes quite a few active participants to make this work so if you are interested, please try to recruit a member or two. 

Thank you! 

- See more at: http://www.bookcountry.com/Community/Discussion/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=8589936839#sthash.HMBKxlGn.dpuf

Jump to different Forum...