RSS Feed Print
My novel Thomas Moody
ChuckB
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:10 PM

is up for review. Crime with a paranormal twist, about 54K words and my series character Frank Cirilli, Private Detective.

And a big thank you to my new best buddy Yellowcake for explaining that you hit 'post' rather than submit. I spent half the day and a number of uploads and deletions before getting that simple advice.

Jay Greenstein
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 12:42 AM

First problem: It's 11,000 words too short to be called a novel.

Second problem. I looked, and strongly suggest you spend a few dollars on Dwight Swain's, Techniques of the Selling Writer.

Buy it, and read it very slowly, as if you're taking a professional fiction writing course, with lots of time spent thinking over and trying out each new technique he mentions, to not only understand it, but to practice using that point and make it automatic.  Then, a few moths after you finish, read it again and you'll get just as much the second time.

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 3:05 PM

Jay--do not review books on the discussion boards. Feedback should be given via reviews only.
Jay Greenstein
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 11:36 PM
Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager wrote:
Jay--do not review books on the discussion boards. Feedback should be given via reviews only.

Saying that something is short of being a novel is not a critique. Nor is recommending a book on writing—especially a book that should be in every writer's library.

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:48 AM

Hi Chuck,

I'm putting up this link to THOMAS MOODY so that anyone who comes across this thread can more easily find your book to review. Thanks for telling the community about it.

May you get much useful feedback via the Read & Review part of the site!

Lucy

ChuckB
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 11:08 AM

Thank you Lucy. Still getting the feel of the site and reading threads. I didn't think to add a link to the Novel.

Jump to different Forum...