RSS Feed Print
Hello all(1)
JanPeac
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 7:31 PM

I'm Janice and I'm from the SF bay area.  I found Book Country after I tweeted about it and was encouraged by @BookCountry to join.  I'm glad I did.  (I'm @JanPeac, if you want to follow.)
I wrote my first cozy mystery during NaNoWriMo in 2012 and I've been working on it on and off since then. It is in the sub-genre of craft-related mysteries, and features two women who work (and play) with beads for a living. There have only been a couple of bead mystery books, and the author who was writing them, Barbara Burnett Smith, passed away a few years ago.  I decided that I'd take up where she left off and write some of my own.  
I posted "High Strung, A Glass Bead Mystery" on the site a few days ago. Any feedback on it is much appreciated.
I'm working on the second book in the series "A Bead in the Hand" now and will post it once it is ready.
I'm looking forward to working with people here at Book Country!

Janet Umenta, Book Country Assistant
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2014 9:35 AM

Hi Janice! Welcome to Book Country! I'm glad you uploaded High Strung, A Glass Bead Mystery. Your cover is beautiful

I'm looking forward to reading your work. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. 

Jump to different Forum...