RSS Feed Print
Howdy I'm Rev Samuel Mack, OMS, DD
Rev. Sam
Posted: Thursday, April 3, 2014 8:24 PM

I am a Minister/Speaker/Writer with pen in hand "I write what God inspires and guides me to write and He has always wanted me to shear it with all People of all Nations so that they would enjoy that which is really Gods". no more no less everything I have written I do not sell as God goes not sell me his word nor his help and with the help of all People of all Nations I believe I have and continue to write as God guides and inspires me to Here are just a few comments on some of my writings at http://paladinnews.blogspot.com and http://poetrynation.com 

Comments on your poem I'm Going Home 
Commented on 3/21/2011 12:19:00 PM by G. R.
"Reverend, Beautiful lyrical poem in honor of our Savior. You are obviously an established poet. Enjoyed your preamble to heaven's call. Consider entering contest-What Easter Means to Me...Contests: by Members. You have a lovely testimony here. Blessings. Gwendolen" 

Comments on your poem I'm Going Home 
Commented on 3/21/2011 11:15:00 AM by Hannington Mumo
"Dear Reverend Samuel, possessed of the thorough perspicacity of your biblical namesake, you've crafted what will go down the long lanes of history as an unputdownable masterpiece. You remind me of Charles Wesley. May the A lmighty Ruler of the universe bless you abundantly!"
Mimi Speike
Posted: Friday, April 4, 2014 8:16 PM

No takers here yet? Count on me to rush in where angels fear to tread.

Welcome, Rev. Sam. I write poetry also (actually, light verse) so I have a real sympathy for you.

Will I read your work? I'd like to, really, but I'm rather afraid to do it. I might see a phrase that fires my imagination, and decide to stuff it into the mouth of my character, a wise-talking atheist cat (who's also a poet. Small world, isn't it?).

If I were to do that, twist a phrase and have a bit of screwball fun, it would be done with genuine affection. It would be the highest compliment I could pay to your wordsmith abilities. And you'd be in good company, along with Henry James, Percy Bysshe Shelley, and a host of other greater and lesser notables. I haven't had any complaints out of them. Yet, anyway. Maybe they'll be waiting to confront me at the pearly gates.

--edited by Mimi Speike on 4/6/2014, 2:51 AM--

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Monday, April 7, 2014 12:46 PM

Hi Rev. Sam,

Thanks for introducing yourself here on the Discussion Boards, and thanks, Mimi, for starting off a conversation. I'm curious, Reverend, how your poetry is going and how Book Country might be able to help. Are you looking for a self-publisher? Putting together a collection? Let us know and we can have a better sense of your goals and how we can contribute to them.

Thanks,

Lucy Silag

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Mimi Speike
Posted: Monday, April 7, 2014 2:20 PM

I have followed a link to a poetry site and read some of Rev. Sam's work. As a writer of light verse, I'm not sure I'm able to properly critique. It is certain heartfelt, admirable in that regard. I find it a bit haphazard, rather than composed. 

This is an interesting question. What, exactly, is poetry? 

--edited by Mimi Speike on 4/8/2014, 2:26 PM--

Jump to different Forum...