RSS Feed Print
G'day! ... and a question?
Cilla
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 2:26 PM

Hi everyone, new here (guess you figured that out already hey!).  Well I recently self published my very first e-book, and am working on another, completely different, which I think is going to take a lot longer than my first, three chapters so far and no idea what the end will be! 

My first little experiment was the story of my life (yeah ho hum), well actually it has a 'moral' so I thought it was worth sharing, and the thing is - it has been selected to be featured on Book Country!  I was absolutely thrilled when I received the email from Book Country telling me that, but now I'm getting incredibly anxious because that was days ago.  Sigh.  So does anyone know how long books are featured?  I figure books are featured for a certain amount of time, and so my book is probably waiting in line for its turn ... ?  Sorry about jumping in with a question first up, I'll be good from now on, promise!

Lucy Silag
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 12:16 PM

Hi Cilla--Glad to have connected with you via email today. We update the store on a regular basis, showcasing new releases and other featured titles in the same way more retailers do, refreshing content so that we can help readers find new books that are coming out.

That doesn't mean that there aren't lots of things you can do to help your own network find your book! Did you see our post with self-published author Jessica Hawkins from last week? She is doing such great stuff to promote her series of books, with great success. I am going to recommend her as a connection to you. Check out her work and profile on Book Country as well.

Our Discussion Boards are great for this kind of topic as well, though I am not sure if the introduction board is where members thinking thru the same issues will find this. Try heading over to the Marketing and Promotion forum, as well as the Self-Publishing forum.

Thanks for posting, Cilla, and so many congrats on the book!

Lucy Silag

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Jump to different Forum...