RSS Feed Print
Greetings fellow writers!
Anthony Donnelly
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 2:19 PM

As a one-time, set-in-his-ways, traditional writer and author, friends have been pestering me to dust off my old manuscripts and convert them to ebooks. No easy feat, I have to add, UNTIL... I discovered this website! What a blessing for 'old-heads' like me, that can't tell their html from their bff, lol

Well, sufficetosay, I'm hooked already, and it's not even been a week dabbling with this site. All my published peers have converted to self-publishing and ebooks, because that's the way the industry is going, so it's time to stop 'ghosting' other people's books, and dig back into my old arsenal. I've managed to publish three old works so far: The Cockroach Chronicles, Charlie the Migrating Snail, and Michael and the Magic Hiccup (the first of a series). I'm looking forward to sharing what little knowledge I have and helping any other aspiring writers on their quests.

I very much look forward to getting to know some of you in due course.

PS - Thank you book country for creating this site!

Mimi Speike
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 4:00 PM

Welcome, Anthony. Glad to have you with us. Will we get a peek at your books? Are they on Amazon? I'll bop over there now, to check.
Lucy Silag
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 10:11 AM

Hi Anthony!

Welcome to Book Country! So great to have you here, and thank you for the kind words about our site and community.

I am about to send you a connection request, and when we are connected, I'll send you some more links to help you get oriented (though it sounds like you are well on your way).

Looking forward to checking out your work, and thanks for introducing yourself on this board!

Lucy Silag

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

imawake
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 1:27 PM

Hello Anthony, and welcome! I self-published a book in both print and ebook format and didn't find it as hard as I thought I would. I'm not saying it was easy though! It is nice to be able to turn traditional books into a digital form though, and one makes more money on those too which is nice. Anyway, it's nice to have you here and I look forward to reading your work.

Isabell

Anthony Donnelly
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 11:16 AM

Thank you Mimi,

I'm not sure the ebooks have posted to amzaon, yet, but one of my older works "When the Trees Held Their Breath" (an environmental fable) is sometimes available as a used copy on there. I'm still trying to work out how to successfully integrate artwork to ebooks, and would love to re-release Trees in that format, possibly with new artwork done by myself, as I don't know how to get copyright release from the original artist.

I look forrward to getting to know you all much better and reading your work.

Anthony Donnelly
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 11:18 AM

Thank you Lucy,

Any links and info would be great. I have the good fortune to be about to spend seven weeks in Costa Rica for February and March, and will have some much-needed time off work (although I'll be working! just not as hard) and shall be crafting some new texts.

Thanks again, have a happy New Year!

Anthony Donnelly
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 11:20 AM

Thx Isabell,

I agree. Sometimes, if you just roll up your sleeves and tackle the challenge, it's far easier than you think!

Happy New Year!

Anthony

Jump to different Forum...