RSS Feed Print
What's your favorite review on Book Country?
Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 12:20 PM

At the heart of Book Country is the feedback you give one another, so I thought it would be both fun & instructional to pinpoint good reviews written by community members, applaud these members' efforts, and learn from them.

I’ve seen amazing feats of workshopping on the site. Take LeeAnna Holt’s review of Angela Martello’s A Kaliphian Matter I: Revelations, which is more than 5,000 words long!

In this thread, select a great review you’ve come across on the site—whether it’s a review of your book or someone else’s—link us to it, and tell us why you find it enlightening. Is it the level of detail, the coherence, or the suggestions of the reviewer? GO!

Nevena from BC

Carl E Reed
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 3:04 AM

Herb Mallette did a very funny, perceptive and helpful critique of my nonsense novel-in-progress, The Case of the Missing Zeppelin.

Notice how he manages to explain what works for him and why, while alerting me to those instances where I've run the narrative right into the ditch. He writes a critique in the spirit of the original source material (showing that he "gets it") while at the same time offering criticisms that are insightful, relevant and cogent. Moreover, his critique is a delight to read in its own right.

It isn't done any better than this:

http://www.bookcountry.com/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=3755

PS. I had tons of other critiques I could have referenced but those "went away" when I published. Thank you Tom, GD, Atthys, Angela, LeeAnna, Kevin, et. al. I couldn't have done it without you!  

--edited by Carl E Reed on 7/19/2013, 9:37 AM--

Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 5:32 PM

Good job, "Carl E Reed feedback crew." =)

Jump to different Forum...