RSS Feed Print
introducing myself(1)
Ayuda Mei Amoir
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2013 3:35 AM

Hi everyone, I'm Ayuda Mei Amoir (Which is Cherokee for Long Arm). I joined Book Country looking for a place to talk to other writers and have support outside of my family and friends, I have been attempting to complete a novel/story for on and off again for over ten years now. Now after meeting and marrying my wife, we have started working on a story together for the past two years. our WIP is titled "Fall of the Trident: The Minoan Games" it is set in Ancient Greece around the time that a volcano on the island of Thera just north of Crete exploded and destroyed what was a city there in and around 1642 BC, we also tie in the Atlantis myth with the use of Plato as a character within the story. we have uploaded the first chapter and will be uploading more as we complete them.

we welcome peer reviews to enrich our skills and to help point our historical information in the right direction.

Ayuda Mei Amoir
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2013 8:39 AM

Sorry about that folks didn't realise that the chapter was missing but it is all fixed now.

again sorry about the mix-up.

May
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2013 10:55 AM

Your forum name is interesting - I'm surprised it's Cherokee, it sounds very Spanish.  I love the Atlantis myth and other Greek related stories, I will check it out once I've had my coffee
May
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2013 9:21 PM

Hi, I searched for your book using the search feature, but I couldn't pull up anything under "Fall of the Trident: The Minoan Games"  does it have a different name on here?
Ayuda Mei Amoir
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2013 10:15 PM

I'll check out and fix it right up, sorry just getting use to the site's ins and outs
Ayuda Mei Amoir
Posted: Tuesday, July 9, 2013 12:33 AM

The written by is different to my forum name. Its under J&S Collier as my wife and I are co-writing.
Ayuda Mei Amoir
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 5:10 AM

hey all book country just letting you all know that the new draft of the first few chapters of our novel have been uploaded feel free and check them out and review.

looking forward to reading what you all think.

Lucy Silag
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 2:02 PM

Hi @Ayuda! Thanks for letting us know! I will be sure to check your new chapters out.

Congrats on posting your latest work!

Lucy

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Jay Greenstein
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 7:33 PM
I  went to your home page and it listed no books as posted. Since every account must review others before their work is visible, and since they don't have a search by title or author feature on the site anymore (or at least it's not obvious) you might try posting a link to it here or doing three reviews under this account name to bring it up under the account's home page.
Ayuda Mei Amoir
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 2:44 AM

hey sorry for all the mix up guys i'll re-upload the chapters and see if that corrects any problems.
Jenn & Sean Collier
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 2:49 AM

ok the chapters are up and ready to be read and reviewed. again sorry bout the mix-up.

the title of the upload is now Adventures of Lykaios written by J & S Collier.

lets us know what you think. cheers

MariAdkins
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:35 PM
Could you please post a link to the story? Thanks!
Jenn & Sean Collier
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 7:44 PM

I'm not sure how this works but if you head to fantasy than sub-genre historical fantasy than click search historical fantasy titles now. our Chapters are at the bottom under the title of 'Adventures of Lykaios' written by J & S Collier. hope that helps
Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:18 PM

Just chiming in to confirm that there is a review requirement but that requirement is 1:1. Now members need to review one other Book Country book before they can upload their own. 

Happy writing!

Nevena from BC

S. T. Collier
Posted: Tuesday, April 8, 2014 5:48 AM

Hi everyone.

here is a link to the reworked opening chapter of my WIP: Lykaios.

Set in ancient Greece before the rise of the hero Perseus and after the Adventures of Theseus. Lykaios, the First Half-Mortal/Half-God son of Zeus must understand his place within the world of mortals, Gods and Monsters.

http://www.bookcountry.com/Bookdetail.aspx?BookId=6547

Jump to different Forum...