RSS Feed Print
New to Site - Writer of Historical and Paranormal History and Mystery
Andrea Matthews
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 6:04 PM

Hello everyone,
   I am a writer/librarian who goes by the nom de plume Andrea Matthews.  I guess I'm still a little bit shy about putting my work out there, but I want some honest criticism - for good or bad.  As a librarian, I love to read, but even more than that, I love to tell a story.  I won't deny that I'd like to be published, and I have set that as my goal, but in the meantime I continue to write, come what may.  To date I have completed three novels, one of which is the first book of a trilogy.
   As a reader - and a writer - I enjoy paranormal and historical mysteries and romances, which is what I tend to write as well as read, though I've been having a problem placing the trilogy novel in any specific genre.  It is more of a paranormal history/family saga, but that's for another day.  Right now, I've started downloading my first novel, Thunder on the Moor, which is a historical romance with a paranormal element.
   I welcome all constructive criticism and would love to know what you think.  I've started reading the work of some authors on the site and hope the comments I make may be helpful to them in some small way.  If I do review your book, please take my comments as being given with the best intentions.  They are only voiced as suggestions, with the best possible motives in mind, and I try to be kind while still given my honest opinion.
   Happy writing . . . and reading!
      Andrea
Brandi Larsen
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 11:33 PM

Hi, Andrea!

Welcome to Book Country! It's an exciting time to join the site.

I hope you find that we're an encouraging writing and publishing community. We all love stories. I look forward to reading yours.

Please let me know if you need anything. I'm happy to help. You can connect with me here, find me on twitter as brandilarsen, or email at brandi at bookcountry dot com.

Best,
Brandi
Book Country Director

PS- I love what I do, but being a librarian has always been my fantasy career. Is it as fun as I imagine?

Andrea Matthews
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 11:47 AM

Thanks for the welcome.  I do love being a librarian.  I actually look forward to going to work.  I get to read, run discussion groups, do book displays, recommend and order books, etc.  Where else could I do all the things I love.  Of course, I can't write there, but I do need a hobby.  lol

Ian Nathaniel Cohen
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:50 PM
Welcome aboard!  What time periods do your historical mysteries cover?  (I've had some historical mystery ideas of my own, and I'm curious as to which eras or time periods you're interested in.)

Jump to different Forum...