RSS Feed Print
Chapter by Chapter Review and Edit Swap?
Michael R Hagan
Posted: Thursday, December 6, 2012 3:30 PM

Hi,
Is there anyone out there who would like to swap honest, chapter by chapter reviews and editing suggestions on entire full length manuscripts?

Personally, for now, I could care less about what stars I get. I need an objective set of eyes to give a brutal and honest critique to help get my book ready for publication. I'm guessing others may be searching for the same grail as I.

If you are looking for someone to swap detailed, comprehensive, chapter by chapter reviews with. Let's all get together here.

Regards
Michael

DavidABossie
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:42 PM

I would certainly be interested.  I have a book with no reviews yet, and I posted it almost 24 hours ago!    I'm also someone who needs honest criticism, but I don't know if I'm good at giving it.  Somewhere along the way I've developed a undeniable need to be liked; I worry that an honest review of a book that is, well, sub-standard would cost me a possible friend.  But I would be willing to give it a try, Michael.
Michael R Hagan
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 6:23 AM

Hi David
Fair point, but let's make a deal now, not to blow smoke up each other's back-sides.
I'll say what I like, dislike, love, hate, get confused by, or generally notice as I go through your book, regardless of whether you find mine a life altering experience; or are made, from my prose, to enquire as to the possibility of my present attendance at kindergarden.
If my book is an abomination to literature, tell me, you'd be saving me much time and heart-ache from chasing agents with it, in the future.
I'd suggest the first part of the review, we can do in the normal manner (as a review of the first portion,) and then we'll continue the detailed chapter by chapter, here, on this discussion. If you are happy with that, I can start on your creation on Sunday.
All the best to my new BFF.
Michael

Michael R Hagan
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 6:34 AM

Oh by the way, I've kinda started doing a similar thing with 'Agony of the Gods,' after the initial review; over on the discussion "Congratulations! It's a...a..it's a...What the Hell is it?"
If you would like a peek into the sort of detail and comment types being exchanged there, feel free to join that chat.
G'luck
Michael

DavidABossie
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 8:17 AM

Thanks, Michael.  I'll also start on your well-reviewed masterpiece this Sunday.
Dave

Michael R Hagan
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 8:11 PM

erhmm!

Michael R Hagan
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 11:54 AM

That's my Ch 1 revised and up, for any kind soul to see.
Erhmm Dave....
Remember the whole idea of this 'SWAP' thing is that you do a review too
I know what I've to do with the rest due to some excellent help I've had from two lovely folks who are doing the chapter swap with me, so just Chapter one...I'm hoping it's done and dusted.....
Just one....
One chapter, Dave

Dave.......
hello... dave

david

dav

d

MariAdkins
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:42 PM
Perhaps when I start another project. The one I'm on now is divided up into "diary entries". Some are as short as one paragraphs and others go on for ... well, it's a teenager's POV, so you get the idea ...

DG Downer
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 10:39 PM

Hey Michael: You are the first "recommendation from a connection" that I have gotten. Sure, I'd like to do a chapter swap with you.

My chapters are pretty short, my sentences terse. I am thinking maybe a three to one swap? Maybe get it to four to one... or get it down to two of mine to one of yours.

I am glad that you have queried me for chapter review. I will do what I can, my Irish brother. If you want to send me an email, the address is dgdowner@hotmail.com.

All The Best! (I learned that salutation from you).

Dave
Michael R Hagan
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 7:48 PM

Hi DG
I am having some wonderful feedback on my work, from 2 new BFFs I met right here. I'm doing the same level of detailed reviewing for each of them (which is a pleasure, as I've lucked out and am reviewing 2 fantastic books.) I'm learning every day and my book is getting less bad, in leaps and bounds. I gave a shout out as I thought other folks might like to meet up on the thread who would like to exchange page by page pointers.
I'm good with what I'm getting, in fact I don't think I could use any more advise just yet, but I'd be more than happy to 'pay it forward' to you as soon as the critiques I'm exchanging at the moment are done.
By then, my viewpoints won't head-hop, my sentences will be of reasonable length and I'll have reduced my adjectives to no more than half a dozen per noun.
Chat to you, between now and then.... in the meantime, see who else pops up as wanting to join in.
Keep her lit!
Mike

Michee
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 11:35 AM

Hello everyone, and in particular David!

I'd be happy to do a review/chapter swap with you if you're willing to give me a few weeks.  I need to get a bit of stuff done at the moment.  I've read the premise of your book and some of the reviews you've received, and it looks more than interesting.  I can follow for now and will let you know when I can begin a swap and will check in to see if you're still interested. 

Happy writing,
Michee

Milena A
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 8:32 AM

I'd love to , if the request is still on.
where do I sign?

Jump to different Forum...