RSS Feed Print
Hello everyone!(1)
Michael Burkey
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 3:24 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I stumbled across the site and it seems like a perfect place for up-and-coming authors in this genre.

Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 4:18 PM

Hi Michael!

Welcome to the community. Glad you decided to join!

Cheers.
Nevena 
Michael Burkey
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 4:29 PM

Thanks! I know this is a strange request, but can you guys try to click on my user image to the left? I keep getting a message stating that my account is no longer active, is anyone else seeing this? My profile picture is also not showing up?

EDIT: Oh, my picture is showing up in this reply, but still can't get to my profile...weird!

EDIT 2: Problem seems to be fixed!

Michael Burkey
Posted: Monday, October 1, 2012 2:58 PM

I guess I should give a little information about myself. I'm a father of two beautiful children. My son is seven going on eighteen and my daughter turned two this summer. During the day I'm a communications coordinator at a healthcare company and at night I'm shuffling the kiddos around until their bedtime. Parenting takes a lot out of you...I can tell you that. Once my wonderful wife and I have the night to ourselves, we get lost in TV shows we both like. Supernatural is currently the show of choice for us...I love Netflix.

When do I have time for writing? Well...whenever I can find a spare minute. I've currently been developing two different book ideas over the past couple of years. One is a high-fantasy novel that has become way to complex for a beginning writer like myself, to be honest. The other is a sci-fi dystopian conspiracy story that has most of my attention right now. 

I'm also a big sports fan. I know that's hard to believe. But I've been a diehard Washington Redskins fan since I can remember. RG3 looks to be everything we've been wanting since, well probably Joe Theisman (and that was before my time). I'm also a loyal Baltimore Orioles fan, who are going to the playoffs this season (the first time in 15 years)!

Any questions, just let me know! Can't wait to meet some other writers who share the same interests and writers block as me! Haha. Sorry for the double post.

Jump to different Forum...