RSS Feed Print
Avril Scott
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2011 5:58 AM

Hi, I am a new member of Book Country and still finding my way round. I am not sure how to use it effectively. Any tips?
GD Deckard
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2011 9:06 AM
Others know more about Book Country than I, being new myself. But, the way this website is designed, it appears that to promote your book you must first promote yourself. Meaning, post to the Discussions, read other's books & review them, Follow books of interest and Connect to people of interest. Make your name show on the site so that people can click on you & see your book. Otherwise, your book languishes in the database. Along the way you will find some interesting stories by other writers and be offered useful insights into your own work. Welcome & Luck to Ye Avril.
Dennise Sleeper
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2011 10:47 AM
Welcome, Arvil.

I found the FAQ and How to Use Book Country in the Book Country Discussion my best resources. Jumping in and experiencing has also enlightened me along with some lurking.

Mr. Deckard gave some really great advice too.

Have fun and hope to see you around.

Marcie
Posted: Thursday, December 8, 2011 2:16 PM

Hi Avril,

Welcome to the site. My best advice is to look at it like a community. Treat others the way you want to be treated, and likely they will do the same for you in return.

I believe Angela was referring to this discussion: A Regular User's Basic Guide to Using Book Country by RJ Blain http://bookcountry.com/Community/Discussions/Default.aspx?id=108779

Avril Scott
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2011 11:29 AM

Thank you to everyone who offered advice on how to use the site. I will do my best to get involved.

Jump to different Forum...