RSS Feed Print
The Doctor Who Thread: Don't Blink!
Colleen Lindsay
Posted: Monday, October 1, 2012 11:06 AM

Okay, gang, I think it's high time we created a Doctor Who thread, especially since I think a lot of us are going to need therapy after that last episode. (Gee, thanks, Stephen Moffat!).

Warning: This thread may contain spoilers, so enter at your own risk.

Ready? Go! And remember, DON'T BLINK.

Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Monday, October 1, 2012 11:10 AM

Bumping this up! 
Alexander Hollins
Posted: Monday, October 1, 2012 11:30 AM

I think the most screwed person in the whole thing is River.  She's bagged the Doctor, married him, her mother is now gone out of his life permanently, and she still plays second fiddle to her own mother with the man she loves. How much does THAT suck?

Colleen Lindsay
Posted: Monday, October 1, 2012 11:33 AM

I was thinking the same thing myself. I do love River Song, though, and think she is one of the best characters to have come along since Donna Noble.

*thinks about Donna Noble*

*starts crying all over again*

Alexander Hollins
Posted: Monday, October 1, 2012 1:41 PM

So, Colleen, the wife and I were talking...

River is no longer a criminal. The Doctor erasing himself means she was pardoned, as she supposedly killed someone who doesn't exist, she said.

She was in the Library on a work furlow from prison. She took the job to help reduce her sentence.

Think of the implications of that....

Angela Martello
Posted: Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:46 PM

What a welcoming return to Book Country! I've been off the site for some time now (life stuff) and come back to see a thread on Doctor Who. Thanks, Colleen!

What can I say? I LOVE the show. Thought no one could top David Tennant, but Matt Smith quickly won me over. As for River Song - I agree! Definitely the best character since Donna Noble (who will always be my favorite of the companions since this reincarnation of the series).

The entire River Song-Doctor relationship with the backwards and forwards time lines makes my head spin. And throw in the Weeping Angels (probably the scariest aliens ever, in my opinion) and their special timey-wimey charms and I find myself needing a flowchart!

The sci fi aspects and British wit aside, the show has some of the best acting and finest scripts I've seen on television. What's not to love?

Is it Christmas yet?

Timothy Maguire
Posted: Tuesday, October 2, 2012 8:25 PM

I've been avoiding this thread as I'd somehow managed to get two weeks behind DW. Guess what I spent my evening catching up on? Yeah, that was a bit brutal.

I've been in awe of DW for years( still remember the first trailer: 'Do you want to come with me?'), but it's been blowing my mind in recent years (ever since Blink, in particular). Wonderful, smart plots that are about relationships as much as they are about ideas, cunning tricks and traps that are so obvious when they come to completion and some of the most sizzling dialogue I've heard in ages.

Is it any wonder that writing for DW is on my bucket list?
Michael R Hagan
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 11:56 AM

Hi Coleen
I just posted a new discussion in 'The business of writing' under 'Marketing and Promotion.'
Would you take a peek, please. I want to make sure it isn't breaking any BC rules. If it is.... I'm sure you have an all-powerful 'Super-Delete Key.'
Thanks, and sorry to bug you!
Michael

Michael R Hagan
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2012 6:29 AM

Hi Coleen
I see 'that discussion topic' has been locked.
Sorry! I'd no intention of abusing this site. Feel free to delete it completely, or let me know how to, at my end, and we shall remove this obtrusive carbuncle from the face of B.C. ! 
Best of luck,
Michael
Angela Martello
Posted: Saturday, February 2, 2013 8:05 PM

So, my sister happened to mentioned some Doctor Who short videos she had watched. My DVD set of Series 6 only had a behind the scenes segment on the making of these 5 shorts. A couple of them, within a matter of minutes, add an even greater bittersweet touch to the Doctor's and River Song's romance. You can find them all here on this site (this link will open up the first one):

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xni1ju_1-bad-night_shortfilms#.UQ23DKWYuSo

Jump to different Forum...