RSS Feed Print
Goodbye from Nevena
Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 11:52 AM

Hi guys, 

I have some news to share with you: I will be leaving the Book Country team and taking a new role in digital marketing at Vintage & Anchor Books.

I wrote a farewell post to say my goodbyes and thank you for all the wonderful things this community has given me. They are many. I will never forget you and I hope that we can remain friends on the site!

If you feel like it, please drop me a line via private message, on Twitter -- or in the comments below. 

All the best, 

Nevena

Brandi Larsen
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:30 PM

Thanks for all that you've done for this community. I'm excited for your new role uptown at Vintage Books and Anchor Books. What a joy it's been to work so closely with you.

-Brandi 

Angela Martello
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 1:34 PM

Hi, Nevena,

Good luck with your new position. I'm sure you'll do well.

-Angela

Carl E. Reed
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 3:40 PM

See you elsewhere, Nevena! I refuse to say goodbye because--three cheers!--you'll still be posting on Book Country (if I read that right).

I can't thank you enough for all of your hard work, expert coordination, good humor, genuine excitement and unflagging encouragement in helping us struggling writers build a place many of us now call home. 

Best wishes and good luck at the new gig!

DCLabs
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 3:49 PM

So happy and sad to see this happening Nevena!  Thank you so much for the support you have given to both the community as a whole and my work personally.  You have been incredibly supportive and ever encouraging.  It was fun to work through the member feature together and your expertise was greatly appreciated when reviewing my work.

Best of luck as you move on, we'll miss you here!

Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 4:42 PM

Thanks for the encouraging words, Angela! (I dig your new cover for A Kaliphian Matter, btw...)

Yes, Carl - you are very much correct. Where else am I going to get my nerd on! Thank you for the kind words and for being the stalwart member you've always been. 

Dan -- your presence on BC is a delight. Keep writing -- I will be following your progress on Twitter & the site. 

Timothy Maguire
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 8:19 PM

I just want to say good luck Nevena. You've always managed to help me use this site better with incredible grace (even when it's obvious that I really just needed a good kick).
imawake
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 12:01 PM

While I'm happy for you and your new job, my first emotional response is that I'm so sad to see you go! You're very encouraging and sweet and a lot of fun. I wish you well, I really do. But you'll be so missed here. Good luck at your new job, beautiful Nevena! They are incredibly lucky to get you. 

Isabell~

Aira Philipps
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 6:39 PM

Sorry to see you go! Good luck in all you do!

Jump to different Forum...