RSS Feed Print
Advice Needed - Sci Fi Novel!
Will H
Posted: Friday, June 10, 2016 3:27 PM

Good afternoon!

I have been mulling over my science fiction idea for the last few years.  After many developments, I have begun, finally, turning it into a novel.  I am five chapters and almost 15K words in; peanuts, I know, but now I am asking your help.

I want to know if my science fiction novel idea has steam, momentum really, before I continue!  Now, I've decided to take a leap of faith and explain my work to more than just my family.  I would be great to get your feedback!

My working title:  They Called Him Babylon

Essential plot:  A synthetic cure for cancer has been created.  At first, the cure is used to stop the grim disease, and even modified to stop other maladies; naturally the creator is designated a global hero.  Through a series of twists a more evil objective finds its way to latch onto the new treatment.  Now, it is the mission of its creator, Microbiologist Asher Murphy, Intellectual Property Preservation Agent Ben Fletcher, and Medical Doctor Gina Hartley, to stop this new weapon from being used to control Earth.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Will

T.W. Kirchner
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2016 9:35 PM

If the medicine is used to cure many diseases, how do the evil people plan to rule the world with it? As far as the plot goes, many stories are recycled, but the characters and twists are what make books interesting.
Will H
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:20 PM

Great advice! Thanks!

- Will

Jump to different Forum...