RSS Feed Print
Finding my way
printalightwriter
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 8:47 PM

I'm a new member here, trying to find my way through the menus. I've a number of things to ask about.

The site seems to be very oriented toward genre writing and marketing. 

I'm interested in learning about markets outside the coloring book lines.

My most important question...? what forum is most appropriate to address my current writing problem?

I can start with a solid idea with outline which becomes a messy liquid in the first draft and dissolves in

a vague vapor before I can finish even a first draft.  ? Others have this problem ?

I'm interested in the market potential of what 1950's folks called Photo-Roman

...text fiction based on photographs from reality...B&W in those days. Print economics

killed the form back then but it should be viable today.

I've tried other writers sites:  Gather's user interface is nearly Byzantine.

I've put reviews up on Goodreads, but am looking for a usable forum.  ? Can I link to them here ?

I come to my current writing from a background in weekly journalism...even sold a few pieces.

My blog     http://printaphilic.wordpress.com     is not as active as it used to be, but check the archives. http://printaphilic.wordpress.com

? Wondering how I make the page width here small enough for my vintage laptop...only 980 wide.

printalightwriter
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 9:18 PM

seems to work both under Win Sys7 and Ubuntu 12. Sorry about the low resolution of the logo...my first excursion with Gimp
Cas Meadowfield
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2016 4:31 AM

Hi
Nice blog

printalightwriter
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2016 9:23 AM

Hello Cas; looks like your writing day gets off to a very early start.  4:30 am ??
Cas Meadowfield
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 12:10 PM

I'm in the UK (Different time zone)

Jump to different Forum...