RSS Feed Print
Flight of the Wren
Atthys Gage
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 2:48 PM

Hello all.  Sorry I've been so absent.  But here's what's been happening:

Some of you will recall my book Spark was published earlier this year by Lycaon Press. Well, Lycoan Press then proceeded to fold up its tents (not entirely my fault, I hope) so I self-published Spark and it's available for all who are interested over at Amazon (same text, same cover) for a more reasonable price (I always thought Lycaon was overcharging, but no matter.)    

Flight of the Wren (which had also been approved for publication with Lycaon before they bolted.)  At any rate Flight of the Wren is now available  in a shiny new version. It's brand new and I'm pretty excited about it.  Wren was extensively workshopped back in the early days of Book Country, and it has grown a lot since those early versions. 

Also (I'm just Mr. News today) I recently received an offer from Black Opal Books to publish another book of mine called Whisper Blue.  That'll take a while, but I'll keep you posted.  If anyone is interested, I'm also blogging at Speak More Light where I explore issues of writing and book marketing, among oddball other things. Check it out

Best to all,

Atthys

Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 5:27 PM

Hi Atthys! Congrats on all this great news, especially about Flight of the Wren! What a gorgeous cover! I love it. Did you design it?

What is Feckless Muse press?

Atthys Gage
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 7:00 PM

Hi Lucy. 

No, the cover was designed by Victoria Miller. She was the art director at Lycaon.  Flight of the Wren was all set to fly, cover and all, before they went belly up. I like it a lot, too.  She did a fabulous job.  

Feckless Muse?  That's just my own imprint name. It isn't a real company. I just like the sound of it.

Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2015 2:15 PM

Yes, Victoria Miller really did an awesome job on your covers.

So, did you get to pick a publisher name when you self-published?

Atthys Gage
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2015 5:37 PM

If you buy your own ISBN, then you can put down anything you want. If you use the free one provided by Kindle or CreateSpace, then they appear as the publisher.

Jump to different Forum...