RSS Feed Print
New workshop - historical romance fiction
Paula M
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2015 10:10 AM

Hi All,

I'm quite new to the boards and have just started reviewing etc. I have also just posted a few chapters (3) of the second ion my series of English Civil War Romance novels and I'm hoping I can entice a few friends on the boards to help me with some feedback?

It would also be good to link up with more people in the community - can someone tell me how I do that - I'm probably being stupid but i'm a bit lost from my profile page

My book is called The Lacemakers Tale - Here's the blurb. Hope someone likes the idea enough to review. Thanks

"A love story wrapped up in a quest, set in a beguiling period of English history. When Lizzie Hardcastle rebels against her parent's plans for an arranged marriage she sets off on a course that will change her life forever. Encouraged by a young rebel army officer, she runs away from her Yorkshire homeland to try to make a new life for herself in London as a Lacemaker. But can Lizzie outwit her father and Royalist fiancé's attempts to bring her home, whilst avoiding the dangerous skirmishes of a war torn country. The young rebel officer, Alex Hardy, helps her on her way and the lives of the two become more deeply entangled than either one of them could ever imagine. As Lizzie's adventure develops she makes some good friends and realises that her quest to become the greatest lacemaker in England could have much greater significance beyond securing her own future. She embarks upon a campaign not only to secure her own freedom but to promote and support the freedom of other women and along the way she wins the heart of her rebel officer. - See more at: http://www.bookcountry.com/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=8077#sthash.SjNI6QEj.dpuf

Mimi Speike
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2015 12:44 PM

Have you signed up for the Buddy program? This sounds like one I would like to take a crack at.

I write phony-historical comic fantasy. Look at two or three (very, very short) chapters of Sly - the Novella to see if you would be interested in my thing. (The Buddy program is a one-on-one beta-reader type critique.)

--edited by Mimi Speike on 6/13/2015, 12:45 PM--

Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2015 11:42 AM

Hi Paula--thanks for posting about your book! The best spot to post about it is actually on the board dedicated to introducing yourself, however. Will you go and post this there as well?

Jump to different Forum...