RSS Feed Print
MWA University - anyone? anyone?
D J Lutz
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2015 9:09 AM

The short version is my spouse wants me to attend a writer's conference or workshop, preferably on the east coast, Mid-Atlantic region. Either she is trying to get rid of me, or she is being supportive. I think I'll go with supportive, since she has had ample opportunity to kill me over the past 28 years (not that I haven't deserved it on occasion.) Back to the request:  Doing a little research, I see there is always Malice next year, but it seems more for the fans, not as much for the writers. So - how about MWA (Mystery Writers of America) and their one-day workshop called MWA University?

Anyone been? Thoughts?

Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 11:23 AM

I'd love to hear more about MWA University as well!
D J Lutz
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 8:16 PM

The workshop seems to ping pong around the country twice a year. If the pattern holds, and assuming the fall 2015 version is in New Orleans as advertised, the first one in 2016 will probably be on the west coast. My guess is I'll get to attend during the fall of 2016, if back on the east coast.

Here's a link if anyone's interested: mwa-university

Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 10:24 AM

Very cool! NOLA is such a fun city for writers to visit. I went for the RT Convention in 2014 and it was a blast.

I also understand that BoucherCon 2016 will be in NOLA.

Jump to different Forum...