RSS Feed Print
Meet-up Oct. 20 at BC?
Mimi Speike
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2015 4:02 PM

Mark Knopfler is playing in NYC next October 20. I plan to go. I’d like to also visit the BC offices and shake hands with whoever is there. I invite anyone who can manage it to meet up there, and maybe have lunch. Lucy, is this OK with you?

Well, lunch is out. I'll have my husband in tow and, he just informed me, a woman he works with who also loves MK. And, possibly, her boyfriend. 

--edited by Mimi Speike on 1/27/2015, 12:46 PM--

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:37 PM

Hi Mimi! I am excited for you that you are going to see your fave musician--how fun!

We've long wondered whether we should try to organize an NYC meet up. If other folks are into it, let us know below and we can try and plan something!

Mimi Speike
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 11:21 PM

I got those tickets but it was a real ordeal. The pre-sale tickets with the code they emailed to you sold out before I could figure out how to do it. I'm looking and looking for the damn code. I finally emailed markknopfler.com for help and they told me the pre-sale was all gone. That's why I couldn't find a damn code. They added another show on Oct. 21 but that presale was all gone too because I still couldn't find the damn special code. I got on the computer at 10 this morning for the public sale. So I got my tickets. I had pretty much given up hope. The whole first night was sold out except for a few seats in the orchestra, my husband wouldn't go for that money, and single seats here and there. What a disaster.

Wednesday, Oct. 21, that's the day I will be coming down. This gives you all plenty of time to mentally prepare for a nutcase to descend on you. Or to hide.

--edited by Mimi Speike on 1/31/2015, 4:41 PM--

Jump to different Forum...