RSS Feed Print
Book Country Shout Out
D J Lutz
Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:50 PM
Just a quick note - I was interviewed for a very cool (and helpful) website called Writing and Wellness. It posted today, and they included a few mentions about Book Country!    

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2015 6:51 AM

Wow, that's cool D J

Were you nervous?

Janet Umenta, Book Country Assistant
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2015 9:34 AM

Great interview!
Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2015 11:19 AM

DJ--So many congrats on this awesome interview! Great advice for writers as well. Wellness makes ALL the difference--love getting that specific advice on how we can take better care of ourselves. Go, you!
curtis bausse
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2015 1:08 PM

Just read the interview, D.J. - it's excellent, especially the advice to young (and not so young) writers. And having just had my first bad review on Book Country, I can fully relate to the self-confidence bit!
D J Lutz
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2015 7:40 PM
Hi Amber - thanks! No, I was not nervous at all. Colleen was very good with communicating in advance via several emails. She invited me to take a look at the work she had done in the past, and if I thought it would be a good fit, I was welcome to continue the conversation. All in all it was a very positive experience, even having my photo taken.
D J Lutz
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2015 7:40 PM
Thanks Janet!
D J Lutz
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2015 7:45 PM
Thanks Lucy!  When you wake up at 3:34am so you can get an hour of writing in before a full day at the regular job, and then come home to take care of a family, you either learn to take care of yourself, or you stop writing. And I'm not stopping writing. cool

D J Lutz
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2015 8:21 PM

Thanks Curtis!

Never sweat the reviews, good or bad. If you keep writing, you will always see both. Thankfully, BC is a community that encourages members to critique others in a fashion that facilitates improvement.  And sometimes those words aren't easy to hear. Just remember - writing a best seller isn't as easy as it looks. If it was - everyone would be doing it, right?

Jump to different Forum...