RSS Feed Print
A vampire you've not met before
Jay Greenstein
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 5:31 PM

Once, while watching a film vampire recoil at the sight of a cross, I began to shake my head. The whole thing was just so silly. Maybe at one time, when people believed in magic, they might accept the idea that a mystic “life force” in blood had the power to reanimate the dead. And at a time when the average person knew little science, the idea that a vampire could change into a tiny bat—or dust as happened in the original vampire story—and still think like a man. But today? And that set me speculating. The result is Ties of Blood, which features a vampire unlike any you may have met. And the story comes about because Curt Simon has found the single most fascinating face on the face of the planet, and longs to get her in front of his camera. Problem is, he’s not quite sure she’s human:

Vampires are fun, but silly. Blood has no magical power. It can’t reanimate the dead or give super strength. And it certainly can’t give a full sized human the power to turn into a bat weighing less than four pounds.

Yet Romi is a vampire, beautifully and uniquely so, though not at all like any you may have encountered.

Disappearing fangs make little sense either. Still Romi’s are very, very real. And if she chooses to use them on you, you’ll thank her, and beg her to return.

But Romi, the world’s only living vampire, is trapped in a situation from which she can see no escape. And in all the world, only Curt Simon has the skill and talent to recognize just how unique she is. But rescuing her, if he can, is just the beginning, because Romi has a secret, one no one must ever know.

Ties of Blood is available on Amazon and Smashwords, with Barnes and Noble, and the iTunes store coming soon. And since the link manager on this site still doesn't work, the links are here:

http://jaygreenstein.wordpress.com/ties-of-blood-a-novel/

ChuckB
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2014 2:51 PM

Check out this site. It's purely for entertainment but the site owner, now 91 yrs old, has developed a worldwide following. And, it's interesting to read what he's done with vampires, werewolves, etc.

http://www.fvza.org/vmyths.html

--edited by ChuckB on 7/25/2014, 2:51 PM--

Jump to different Forum...