RSS Feed Print
Post your word count!
Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 9:52 AM

Summer Writers Club! How many words did you write today? Let us know below.

We are rooting for you!

Lucy Silag

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:46 PM

530 for me today!
scott flynn
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 12:13 AM

284 words for me today and my prologue is complete short prologue are my forte, I'll post it below:

Continental Shift

By Scott Flynn

Prologue

Heaven is the only way to describe this feeling, hovering over the sun baked earth of Dallas Texas with the love on my life hovering next to me, its heaven just heaven.

I haven’t felt whole in a long time but today in the beautiful blue sky I have finally become complete. I have found the person who means the most to me in the world, and who cares if it a boy this is the twenty first century after all.

Four month ago I never thought I’d been in this situation, I thought I’d still be at home back in the UK on my own like I always was, but these two weeks in Texas have shown me a whole new perspective on life it doesn’t matter where you come from, what accent you have or if you straight or gay there is always someone in this world who is meant for you and only you, You just have to go out and find them. Fortunately I have found the one for me, the one I want to spend the rest of my life with, someone who is just as unique as me I have Found Xavier Smith a born and breed Dallas Texas Teenager.

When I first lay eyes on this American masterpiece, I thought to myself this is going nowhere something as perfect as this is way out of my league until I discovered he was a shifter and from that moment on I knew we belonged together, this one unique feature about us both brought us together in this ever changing world.

Let me take you back four months and where my story starts.

NoellePierce
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2014 10:03 PM

Oy. I'm starting late because I'm visiting my dad in Florida and I have the kids and apparently, everyone I met at RT wants a book cover NOW. *smh* I will be keeping track of how many words I need to make up and will be starting next Tuesday. 

On a slightly different note, I finished reading one of my novellas with a mind toward revision and *didn't* hate it.

Quinn49
Posted: Sunday, June 1, 2014 12:46 AM

Well...since I wasn't thinking that you would like a daily word count, I just kept writing...I guess I'm on schedule, though. My word count as of Friday was 2094. I haven't written anything today....had things to do for work, so this got shoved aside for the day. Will get caught up tomorrow, though.  biggrin

Posted: Sunday, June 1, 2014 2:54 PM

I wrote 2500 (exactly!) on Friday afternoon and just logged 1085 for today. Feeling pretty good so far!
NoellePierce
Posted: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 9:24 PM

Let's see...

Tuesday, I was polishing some stories for contests, but I wrote 872 words for a synopsis.

Today has been book cover work, but I'm putting that aside and plan to have another synopsis written tonight. 

Maybe by tomorrow, I'll be able to start on the actual MS for this SWC2014. *grin*

How are y'all doing?

x♥x

Noelle

Posted: Sunday, June 8, 2014 1:41 PM

I have to admit that I've fallen behind a bit . . . just 744 words since last Sunday. Gotta catch up!

Sephira
Posted: Wednesday, July 2, 2014 8:40 PM
Officially 2 days into finally really working on my project and I'm at just under 4000 words, though I did spend a good bit of June planning and outlining. Now to get through the rest of the month and stay on my 1500 a day or so target. XD
Posted: Monday, August 4, 2014 9:08 PM

Dog days of summer! Have to admit it's been hard to stick to my goal of writing 500 words a day, but I keep coming back to it and making progress here and there. Just did 700 words. How's everyone else doing?
Sephira
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2014 10:33 PM
I managed to get about 20600 words in July, but haven't been able to write much since then. Current project is somewhat on hold until things settle down.
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 9:47 AM

Sephira, that's incredible! Congratulations!

How did everyone else do? I'm going to try and figure out my tally today. I will report back with the #!

Voran
Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 4:13 PM

Congrats to everyone who successfully finished the Summer Writers Club! I've had a trying summer In the early days of summer, I wrote almost 5,000 words in two days, but ended up scrapping all of them. Then a break (babies tend to absorb a lot of time!), then another 5,000 or so, which I also scrapped. But the last month, something clicked. I'm well into a new WIP, probably about 15,000 words in. The early chapters are up for criticism, by the way.

--edited by Voran on 9/3/2014, 4:14 PM--

Janet Umenta, Book Country Assistant
Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 4:21 PM

Congrats Voran, that's great!

Jump to different Forum...