RSS Feed Print
questions from a new person
Lin Kaatz Chary
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 8:18 PM

Hi all,

I really want to get started but I'm having a little trouble navigating the site. Is there a genre forum for poetry? I can't seem to find anything either in memoir or poetry, the two areas in which I'm doing most of my writing. In fact, I have a lot of poetry I would love to offer for feedback but I'm not really sure how to go about that. I know I have to give feedback first, and I'm fine with that (just a question of finding the time!!) but where would I post poetry or memoir? Is this only a prose site?

Anyway, I am looking forward to getting started here and it looks like a really great site. Thanks.

Lin

Lucy Silag
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 3:40 PM

Hi again Lin!

We currently do not have a spot on the genre map for poetry workshops, though there are other poets here on Book Country. If you felt that your poetry fit into one of the other genres, you could post there. For example, if the poems are autobiographical, you could post a collection of them in memoir. It can't hurt!

When you are ready to post your manuscript, check out this post about how to upload your book to Book Country. It will walk you through the process. And of course I'm here to help if you run into trouble. Email me at support at bookcountry dot com if you have questions or concerns!

Lucy
Book Country  Community and Engagement Manager

Lin Kaatz Chary
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2014 6:21 PM

Thank you!  I'll have to figure out where the poetry might fit in. My other question about the memoir is do you have to post the entire finished book or is it ok to post sections as you go along?
Lin Kaatz Chary
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2014 6:27 PM

OOPs!  Sorry, I just found the discussion about how much to post on another thread! Got it!
Lucy Silag
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 8:36 AM

Hi Lin--no worries. Glad you found the info you were looking for without too much trouble. Let us know when you end up posting . . .

And if you are looking for something to review, there are new Editor's Picks this week, as well as as these tips about giving feedback from the blog on Friday.

Jump to different Forum...