RSS Feed Print
nanowrimo winner 2013
scott flynn
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 6:17 AM

Hell There

I am a 20 13 NaNoWriMo participant and winner, I write LGBTQ young adult fiction, I write from what I know and being a young gay male in this diverse community I know the pain , suffering and loving of a teenager in love. My writing at the moment is at a novice level but over time it will develope and become stronger. I decided to do nano after I was directed there from a friend I never thought I would reach the goal of fifty thousands word target in my first year and with days to spare.

Lucy Silag
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 9:17 AM

Hi Scott! Lovely to meet you here on Book Country, and so many congrats on winning Nano! That is a serious accomplishment. I tried myself this year and alas I did not win . . .

Welcome to the community. It looks like you are off to a wonderful start. Since you are interested in LGBTQ YA, I thought you might be interested in a Q&A Nevena did with YA author emily m. danforth. I just read emily's book and I really loved it. emily had really interesting things to say about writing, I think you might enjoy.

You should also check out this post about connecting to members on Book Country. Enjoy looking around the site, and please let me know if I can help you with anything! I just sent you a connection request so you can also write via private message once you accept.

Lucy Silag

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Jump to different Forum...