RSS Feed Print
Hello book country!
Moru
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2013 10:07 PM

Hello to all in the community. Of course, the obvious here is that I am new to the block. I was fortunate enough to participate in NaNoWriMo this year and found the link to this site through their sponsor's page. It seems like this place is both helpful and productive; a place where writers can come together and help one another strive for completing their dreams.
My name's Morgan, but you can call me Moru; either is fine I am a US citizen but I live in Japan with my husband. Currently, I've no published works aside from what was published in my college years through my department's newsletter. I've been writing since I learned how way back in elementary school. I love reading fantasy and science fiction genres but mostly I focus on writing fantasy. I also write poetry when the mood hits. 
I'm still finding my way around the site and figuring things out I'm hoping that it will be a good thing and that I can network around here to both help and get help in the writing process. If you wanna know more about me, you can always just ask Until then, may the Muse shine upon you

Lucy Silag
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2013 2:14 PM

Hi Moru! Welcome to Book Country!

Just sent you a connection request so that we can be in touch here on Book Country via private message. I'll send you some links that might help you as you get acquainted!

Very curious about your life in Japan--I visited my little brother when he was living in Tokyo a few years back for a whirlwind, amazing week. Really, really hope to go back one day.

We're glad to have you here with us! Let me know if I can help you with anything, and watch out for my PM!

Lucy Silag

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Moru
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2013 8:57 PM

Thanks Lucy! I'm looking forward to learning all I can from other writers here and through information posted on the site  
Japan is pretty awesome; it has its ups and downs just like any other country, though. I love it and can't imagine spending my life anywhere else!

imawake
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 11:48 AM

Hi Moru, I just joined myself a month ago. I am participating in NaNo for the first time and found the link for Book Country through that site. I also like fantasy and science fiction, and for the NaNo this month I've chosen to write a YA novel with a science fiction-y feel to it. I hope you post some of your work here so I can read it! I have never been to Japan, so I would love to hear about your life there. I did an acupuncture internship in Southern China some years back, but I am partial to all the Asian countries and would love to travel to more of them. I was thinking of even moving to Thailand at some point. Welcome; the people here are very friendly!

Isabell

Jump to different Forum...