RSS Feed Print
Celebrating my Book Release!
LilySea
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:51 PM

My debut novel, Jack, will be released in two days!!! Because it's an e-book, I won't have any hard copies to sign. So I have ordered some postcards with the cover art and am offering to send one to each reader who buys the book in the first week of release with a handwritten thank you note to the snail mail address of choice. (You can find out more about it here: http://shannonlccate.com/2013/09/17/because-i-still-have-a-fondness-for-paper/ )

I am hoping that might help make the first week successful. We will see. I am nervous but hopeful.

Meanwhile, the same press has contracted to publish a couple of short stories of mine under a different pen name, so that's cool, too. I feel like I can keep aiming for my brass ring of a big traditional publisher while having a more than satisfactory fallback small press option to keep up my writerly momentum.

You know, if I ever write anything again. (Getting Jack ready for release has consumed all the time I would usually have for writing.)

Brandi Larsen
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:18 AM

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! We're so excited for you!
Dennis Fleming
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:36 AM

Lily, congratulations. There is a program that allows ebooks to be purchased with the author's signature and any comment the author wishes to make. Just like at a book signing. An individual orders the book, but before it's sent out the author is notified and writes whatever, "To Lily, ....." sends that back to the seller and the comment is added into the book (first page in book just like the inside cover of a paperback or hardcover). It's pretty cool and I aim to set it up as soon as my series kicks off. I'm sure you can Google it and find out how to get the program. It might cost a wee bit, but must not have been much or I'd have balked at the idea (I'm excessively frugal.) Good luck.
Julia
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 2:02 PM

Congratulations on all that preparation!  You must be delighted. (I would be.) I will look for your book on Amazon in two days.
LilySea
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 2:14 PM

Good to know, Dennis! I have seen "authorgraph" and intend to set up an account there, but those signatures don't go in the book, they are in a separate file. I still like a little paper in my life, though. hee
Timothy Maguire
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:38 PM

Congratulations, that's great news!
LilySea
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:56 PM

Thanks, everyone!
Brandi Larsen
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2013 2:18 PM

I just bought my copy! Congrats!
Lucy Silag
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2013 2:39 PM

Hi Shannon! So many congrats on the release! Super excited to read my copy, too!
Lucy Silag
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 1:24 PM

Hi everyone--Shannon wrote a really lovely blog post about the role of community in her writing of JACK (available NOW!). Check it out, and check out the book!

cool

Jump to different Forum...