RSS Feed Print
Have a New Adult project to workshop on Book Country? Need readers? Share here!
Lucy Silag
Posted: Monday, August 5, 2013 2:40 PM

Hi there, BC writers of New Adult Fiction!

Don't be shy--share announcements about your New Adult work here in this thread, so that members interested in the New Adult genre can more easily find them.

Let me know if you have questions. happyCan't wait to read more New Adult on Book Country!

Lucy Silag

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Maya Starling
Posted: Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:29 PM

I guess I'll be the first one to break the ice.

I have parts of two NA fantasy novels on BC. I'm looking for feedback on my newest one called Vengeance Upturned, a dark fantasy NA novel, my wip.

thnx!!

Lucy Silag
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2013 3:21 PM

Hi Maya! So happy that you broke the ice. Very, very excited to check out your WIP. Thank you so much for posting the link!

Lucy

Francis Foley
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:37 PM

Hi everyone - I have also a section of a new book I'm working on for the NA genre. It's currently titled Part 1. The entire book will be comprised of 3 parts. Unless, I edit and elaborate enough on each part to make them separate books, making it a trilogy. Entirely possible - it's a bit up in the air right now, I could go either way. I'd love some feedback! 
Here is the link: http://www.bookcountry.com/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=6048

Thank you,

Francis 

Lucy Silag
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2013 10:16 AM

Hi Francis! Welcome! So excited to check out your New Adult book. Sending you a connection request now!

Lucy

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Francis Foley
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:31 AM

Thank you!

I'm very excited to continue working on this creative project. I have so many ideas for this book or series. I'm leaning much more towards a series since there is a lot of ground I could cover. I'm hoping to have another 20k written in the week or two. Then go on a major editing/rewriting spree.

FF

Sintalion
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 2:35 PM

Hello and happy holidays (if you celebrate; if not, I still wish you a cheerful week)!

I'm excited to connect with other writers of new adult fiction. I'm looking forward to posting up the first portion of my manuscript, and generally engaging in conversation with other writers about this category.

My WIP is called Bear Skin. A college junior worries about the simple things: losing her virginity, being afraid to run after an ACL tear, pleasing an overambitious mother; until Interpol abducts her boyfriend of two years. It stands almost completed (editing now) at around 91,000 words.

I've always been torn about what category to submit it to once my final edits have been made, since New Adult is not always recognized. I suppose this isn't the appropriate board to ask (as this one is about sharing our works), but if anyone is interested in helping me determine what it should be classified as when NA isn't an option, my inbox is open.

--edited by Sintalion on 12/23/2013, 2:38 PM--

William Byers
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:50 AM

Hello, please find the time to review the first five chapter of Fishing for Hope.  Thank you.

It can be found under Romance.  It also can be considered typical New Adult.

JPKippling
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2015 6:24 AM

Hello, all. I just posted a new draft of my book (it says "3rd" draft, but really it is the 2nd...this was due mostly to my technical incompetence) and I want to encourage everyone to review it. I've incorporated major changes because of all of my reviews so far and I'm hoping that more reviews will make it even better.

The characters are NA age, but the book is really more fantasy, YA, and historical (set in 1911 Denmark). It is light on the romance, but heavy on adventure and 20-somethings figuring things out. You can find it here: Størgård

It's also worth checking out if only for the laughably amateur cover that is brought to you by Me & MS Paint

--edited by JPKippling on 7/8/2015, 9:40 PM--

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2015 12:31 PM

I don't think your Book Cover is bad, JP. It's better than Destiny's Bond's Book Cover, which I made on Microsoft Paint, too

Also, your link doesn't work--I get taken to google searching for your link. I'd fix it.

Amber

JPKippling
Posted: Wednesday, July 8, 2015 9:45 PM

Haha, good old MS Paint... Always there to take that great idea that you have in your head about how a cover should look and makes it weird and pixelated.

Oh, so the link does lead to...nowhere! And, thanks Amber, for pointing that out. I think I fixed it (it works on my computer, anyway...)

T.S.W. Sharman
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2015 11:33 AM

Hi All,

Just joined BC (from Authonomy) and put up my NA (or YA-ish) book, Bad Napkin.  I'm wondering whether I should put it in comedic ficiton, but I really feel the audience is older YA into NA.  Ugh.  Thoughts welcome.

http://www.bookcountry.com/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=8343

TSW 

Jump to different Forum...