RSS Feed Print
YA Novels - Thinking of writing one? Good news from one writer...
Caroline Bock
Posted: Thursday, June 9, 2011 2:07 PM

You may have heard that YA novels are one of the most expansive part of the publishing world -- and having written a book that I didn't intend as a "YA" book -- LIE -- I feel I should be testifying to that fact.  My debut novel (St. Martin's Press, August 30, 2011) is written from the point of view of 10 different characters -- all in first person of view -- half the characters are teens, half are adult, and I often wonder if another editor would have seen it as an 'adult' novel.  But I am thrilled that it is coming out as YA book.    LIE is raw realism -- about teens and a terrible hate crime.  Inspired by real events, set on Long Island, I hope, cross my fingers, that LIE will find an audience and make a difference.        
Toni Wyatt
Posted: Thursday, June 9, 2011 3:20 PM

That's very inspiring, Caroline. I look forward to reading LIE. I'm trying my hand at YA for the first time. If I'm understanding you correctly, you intended LIE for an adult audience. My question is, were you asked to change anything in order for it to fit the YA market?
Colleen Lindsay
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 1:07 PM

Congratulations, Caroline!

Jump to different Forum...