RSS Feed Print
Hello! I'm new to Book Country!
Ellise Weaver
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 12:17 AM

Hello out there to Book Country!  I'm new here as of a couple days ago.  I've been busy reading several books here already and am impressed with the writing styles in this community. 

I'm also an author yet unpublished.  I'm working on it though.  I've uploaded a chapter or two from three of my books.  I would enjoy feedback on what I've uploaded to improve upon it or to have feedback on what you like or don't like, what is already working and what is not. 

Here's to all the readers enjoying great books out there!  Enjoy!

~Ellise

Brandi Larsen
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 9:02 AM

Hi Ellise! Welcome to Book Country! I'm Brandi, the new Book Country Director.

I'm glad you're already reading. I was drawn to this community because it is so supportive and filled with incredible writers (you can see that through their manuscripts and their comments on the discussion boards).

Thanks for being brave and uploading your book. I'm looking forward to reading it. Do you have an area you're looking for specific help?

If you need anything, please let me know. I can be found on the site, on Twitter or at brandi at bookcountry dot com.

Best,
Brandi

Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 11:13 AM

Hi Ellise, 

Welcome! I'm happy that the community is a good fit for you. People here are really supportive, you'll see.

I am the Book Country Assistant, so if you have any technical issues or are interacting with the Book Country Twitter & Facebook, you'll most likely be talking to me

Cheers!
Nevena
Ellise Weaver
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 1:53 PM

Thank you, Brandi and Nevena!  So nice to be here!  My goal is to become published, so I need to polish, polish, polish without losing my voice and story altogether.  I'd like to know if my voice is a good one and if my stories spark any interest at all to read more from me.  I like knowing if I'm getting things right, and if not, what do I need to correct.  Thank you for any help you might offer.  I do hope you read and respond to my chapters.  You're welcome to with great appreciation.  Thank you ever so much, Ellise~

P.S.  I did have a question why my third book review won't upload.  My other two were fine and uploaded quite easily.  Just wondering?

Ellise Weaver
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 5:20 PM

Brandi,

I sent you an email on Friday, but I don't think you received it since I sent myself a blind CC.  I didn't receive that either.  Please let me know if you got it. 

Thanks!

Ellise

Brandi Larsen
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:18 PM

I got it, just responded. (I thought I sent a response yesterday, but alas the email powers-that-be were conspiring against us.)

Again, welcome!

Are you still having problems with uploading your third book? I think I saw someone helping you on another thread.

Ellise Weaver
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:48 PM

Thank you Brandi! 

I did get help and got the problem solved.  I had failed to complete the last step of each upload.  I just had to press "Publish" or whatever the button was.  Silly me!

I just read your letter. Thank you.  I didn't mean to pester, just thought it didn't send because I didn't get a copy either.  Anyway, I got the links you sent.  You have all been so amazingly helpful already.  I appreciate it.  I'll try and be helpful too. 

Thanks!
Ellise

Jump to different Forum...