RSS Feed Print
Hi, new here and new author!
AmberABardan
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:05 AM

Hi all,

I am really excited to have found this website. I have just completed my first manuscript Haithem, and while like everyone I am quite proud of it, I have no English/Lit background to speak of, and want to hone my technical writing skills. It is also nice to get to read other people work and learn from the comments. I can see there are many much more experienced writers here and hope I can learn from them. I am currently refining, and I will upload chapters as I finish. Thanks.

Amber

Colleen Lindsay
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:27 PM

Hi Amber!

Welcome to Book Country! Glad you found our site. We're a pretty friendly community (if a small one). Jump into the discussions and/or post some critiques of other work.

We're happy to have you here!

Colleen

Lisa M Jones
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:07 PM

Hey, I'm new too. I finished my first manuscript (tenatively titled Curse of the Jaguar) a few months ago. I'm currently running the gauntlet of finding an agent and getting rejections - all that fun stuff. I'll help out any way I can but I'm not the most experienced person out there. Great job finishing a manuscript! That's an exciting accomplishment. What's it about?
AmberABardan
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 3:38 AM

Thanks Collen!

Hi Lisa,

I would love feedback of any kind. So far have only had family. I have not had the courage to go submitting yet. I am hoping this site will hep me refine before I go down that path. I would love to review your book also.  Haithem is a contemporary romance (Some erotic elements, but def not erotica) about a young girl who gets abducted and falls in love with her kidnapper. What makes it different is the character development and the flow on effects of her abduction. As the novel progresses the characters secrets are revealed and they make deep and personal connections.  Also a bit of action and adventure. So Love, sex, action and adventure!
Nicki Hill
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 9:43 AM

Hi Amber!  Welcome to the community.  I'm quite inexperienced, myself, and this has been a wonderful place to get feedback and critiques for improvement.  Thanks for the connection request, and I hope you find your time here to be as enlightening and enjoyable as I have!

AmberABardan
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 10:15 AM

Thanks Nicki! I am very impressed with just the forums so far. I am really excited to get some feedback on my ms. As a new writer I have no idea if what I am writing is 'there' yet.

I look forward to taking a look at your books and will make sure I review. I am may not be an expert writer but I am a experienced reader. Thanks for the message.

Turquoise Foster
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 9:39 PM

Hi Amber! I'm new to Book Country and writing as well. I'm currently in the process of writing my first novel based around Greek mythology. I am trolling the site looking for books to review now. I'm excited yet scared to finish my work and place it on the site. (Mostly scared that it will not be any good.) I am hoping to finish my manuscript by late September. I plan on reading your manuscript sometime this week. It sounds awesome. )
AmberABardan
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 9:31 AM

Hi Turquoise,
I love Greek Myth Fic! Definately put it up. Worst case senario it will only help better your writing skills, well that how I think of it but then I have not had any reviews yet!Thanks for the compliment.  I would love to hear what you think when you take a look.

Nikki I have read your chapters, I have not had a chance to review yet but I will try to tomorrow.

Jump to different Forum...