RSS Feed Print
new member(1)
Sarah Rachel
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 8:53 PM

hi everyone, i'm new here and know nothing of publishing.....i'm good at writing short stories and thought that i should try my hand at writing for kids.  please help me!!!any advise will  be helpful. i've written 3 stories and am a little nervous to put them up!!
A Michael Marsh
Posted: Friday, July 27, 2012 11:12 PM

Hi Sarah,

I'm new as well, but from what I've been reading here on Book Country it looks like this is a good group to share your work with. Like you, I also get nervous when I put my work "out there" for people to read and critique.  However, I think you'll find the criticism here to be constructive and intended to help you grow. 
Sarah Rachel
Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2012 2:46 PM

Thanks Michael, I really appreciate your response.

Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2012 10:45 AM

Hi @Sarah, welcome to the community! Don't be shy to share your work and seek feedback. 

Keep in mind that Book Country was specifically designed as a niche genre fiction community. There are Book Country members who write young adult fiction, but the majority of members' books fit into one of our five overarching genres—romance, mystery, thriller, science fiction, and fantasy. 

Cheers!
Nevena
Sarah Rachel
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2012 9:29 PM

thanks Nevena....actually i did upload the book but i guess i have to read three books from other writers before mine can be publish....am i right?  i'm so confused!!!
Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Wednesday, August 1, 2012 9:52 AM

Yes, Sarah, that's correct. You'll need to read and review three projects before your book becomes "public" and is visible to other Book Country members. 

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

In the meantime, you might find out Community FAQs helpful: http://bookcountry.com/FAQ.aspx#sub4

Cheers!
Nevena
Sarah Rachel
Posted: Wednesday, August 1, 2012 6:09 PM

thanks!!

Jump to different Forum...