RSS Feed Print
How to Build Connections
Joan Curtis
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 2:22 PM

I'm new to this site and curious about now to build connections and the value of having connections.

One more question, I uploaded a photo on my profile, but it's not showing.  Have I done something wrong?

Thanks for whatever guidance you can give a newbie.

Colleen Lindsay
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:46 AM

Hi Joan -

First off, welcome to Book Country! Secondly, I can see your profile photo just fine. Are you still having a hard time seeing it?

Before you do much of anything here, I would advise you to go read through the FAQs (link to the left on the navbar). They're full of great information and answers to questions we get all the time.

As to connections vs. following, think of it this way: a Connection with another Book Country member isn't like being Facebook friends. Rather, it's a way for you to access more privileges to that members writing and see who they are following in turn.

The general public (ie, non-Book Country members) only get to access about 5,000 words of your writing. Member can access up to 30,000 words. But Connected members can access 100% of any project uploaded to Book Country. Some people may just want a small number of people having access to their writing, a few trusted reviewers on the site.

So that's one way to use Connections.

To get to know people, jump into the Discussion forums and talk, and leave comments on reviews. =)

Cheers!

Colleen

Jump to different Forum...