RSS Feed Print
Not getting many reviews?
KristenH
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2011 4:11 PM

I've been a member here for a month, when I've reviewed three stories, and uploaded my short story, "Buried Secrets", to test the waters here, before I'll upload my chapters. I've only gotten two reviews and that's it. It  hasn't changed. Am I doing something wrong? I review 2-4 novels every weekend, hoping to generate others responses. It has only 2 stars so far. I even went to Introduce Myself's forum and mentioned my work there. Can anyone help me? If I get no more responses, I'll do a revision this weekend and post it next week.
Colleen Lindsay
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 3:18 PM

Hi Kristen!

Have you considered that your short description (ie, your hook!) may not be enticing people to read your chapters?

Instead of simply wondering why you're not getting reviews, you could take this opportunity to open a new discussion in the Craft Your Hook area of Discussions and ask users directly what's not working with your hook. Becoming more involved in the Discussions forum in general seems to be a great way to get people to notice your books on Book Country.

Lastly, I notice that you only uploaded your book on April 6th. Give it a little time!

Colleen

snurf
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:07 AM

Hi Kristen,

Have you done any reviews yourself?

I plan to review works of all the members who have reviewed mine before I branch out.

If you review others works it may bring you to their attention and get you the reviews you want.

Just an idea,

Snurf
KristenH
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2011 3:22 PM

HI Colleen,
Thanks for responding. I'll check out that forum and give it a shot. It's so hard to think of an short description, as I'll work on the revisions. I'll participate more often in Discussions.

HI Snurf,
I've done about 12 reviews so far, since I joined, including the first 3 ones I need, before I uploaded my short story. I have yet to do yours. I only had two reviews, before I posted her. I was hoping for them to return the favor.
KristenH
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2011 4:09 PM

Hi Sydney. I've been doing that, since Colleen mentioned it last month. I'm only on BookCountry on the weekends. So I create my own discussions like this one and participate in such. I only review 2 a week though.

Jump to different Forum...