RSS Feed Print
Pimp Your Prose
Nicki Hill
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 4:53 PM

An interesting discussion was started in the Genre Talk: Fantasy forum that I would like to carry over into Romance.  Though that discussion was sparked by the advice of an agent, I'll stick with the main idea: Give us a three-sentence synopsis of your work.  Something that will pull a reader in and make them want to crack the cover of your book to find out more.  (Lord knows I'm always looking for a good reason to procrastinate from my own writing!  )

Here's mine, for KEY CHANGE:
"Emotionally damaged by years of past abuse, the last thing Trev Winegarten feels like doing is finishing out his senior year at yet another new school – until a search for a quiet place to eat lunch leads him to the auditorium and pianist Noah Thomas. Noah, dogged by a tragic accident whose legacy he spills out onto the piano keyboard, finds his grieving heart stuttering back to life the first time he sees the dark and mysterious Trev sneak into the room. But shattered hearts don't mend that easily, and when the ghosts of their pasts – some less dead than others – rise up to threaten their very lives, the boys must decide whether love is really worth the consequences."
Colleen Lindsay
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 3:00 PM

Bumping this up so people see it.

Nicki Hill
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 5:16 PM

Thanks, Colleen. 

Jump to different Forum...