RSS Feed Print
Hand-to-hand combat backgrounds
napacione
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 2:59 PM

When you're writing the fight sequences in your stories;  do some of you have a martial arts background to rely on with some of the aspects I had studied Judo and adopted a Greco-Roman style wrestling approach when I was in middle and high school but my Freshmen year I figured out I was a Greco-Roman because I many throw attacks in a match and I used them.  Those throws work in a street fight scenario;  I was wondering if anyone used the fighting style of Jailhouse Rock in their stories and wondering how can one write a fight seen using this.  Jailhouse Rock was something born in the prison system by inmates when they got into fights because they'd use anything as a weapon.  The martial art is also known as 52s -- or 52 Blocks.  The martial art is compared to Savate.  This is an American born martial art as I had studied American born Martial Arts.  My martial arts discipline is shootfighting.  I wonder if Muay Thai works in a fight scene but it's always tough to time a superman punch (the jumping forward and throwing the punch as one lands.)

Jump to different Forum...