RSS Feed Print
Random House Open House
DJ Lutz
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2016 1:50 PM
Anyone going to the Random House open house in NYC in late April? I'm normally a proponent of George Thorogood's philosophy of drinking alone, but there's no rule preventing BC members from taking over a corner of the room during the cocktail party. There could be a plot in there somewhere.
Mimi Speike
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2016 6:21 PM

I'd go, if I could whisk there, magically, no trains, subways, walking. The last time I went into Manhattan, in October, to a concert, I was exhausted all the next day. I guess there would be important people there. Do you think anyone would want to talk to us? Tell me more about it. Is Random House connected to Penguin? I seem to imagine that it is. 

I'd be coming down from Connecticut. Where do you come from?

--edited by Mimi Speike on 2/6/2016, 6:23 PM--

DJ Lutz
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2016 7:49 PM

I'll be taking Amtrak up from Norfolk VA. I don't live there, but that's the closest station.  Yes, Random House is connected to Penguin. As I understand it: Penguin either bought or merged with RH. However, PRH is actually owned by a German conglomerate and Pearson (of textbook publishing fame.)

I am hoping to connect with Debasree and/or Lucy to get the scoop on what's in the cards for BC. Or at least clink a glass of wine with them.

Dalton
Posted: Monday, February 8, 2016 8:20 PM

Penguin and Random House are one. See logo at the right end of the footer of this page. Click on it; it's a link to the P/RH Web site.

Jump to different Forum...