RSS Feed Print
Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators Book Party!
T.W. Kirchner
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 5:21 PM

Visit the SCBWI Book Parties. All the published books listed are by SCBWI members. The book parties are in order by author's last name, so you'll find my Town from Hell right in the middle. I hope you stop by, and if you do, please click on "Like" if you like it. You can see my book trailer at the party.
Mimi Speike
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 1:57 AM

Whoa! How do I find it? Do you also illustrate?

T.W. Kirchner
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 11:59 AM

Oops!!! Forgot to add the link.  Here is the SCBWI Book Party link. Thanks! Also, I do art, but I haven't illustrated any books.

--edited by T.W. Kirchner on 1/15/2016, 12:00 PM--

Mimi Speike
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 4:23 PM

Great site! I love all the art styles shown. My heart belongs to colorful-playful, but my natural style is intricate, nit-pick highly rendered, heavy on characterization. I am struggling with a style for my illustrated books. It is going in the direction of Faeries by Brian Froud and Alan Lee, because that is my life-long drawing style, and because I can't resist integrating text and image. This is my natural bent, I've been fighting it all my life (I'm seventy this year) so I'd better give in and go with my strength, which is linear, not the more design-y decorative that I so admire.

I am going to read your two books over the weekend.

Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y