Amber J. Wolfe
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2015 3:56 AM
Hi, Karon! Welcome to Book Country
JWillemse
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2015 6:06 AM

Hey Karon. Pleased ta meetcha.
Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2015 9:32 AM

Hi Karon--Welcome! Let me/us know if you need any help using Book Country!
Elsie Byron
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2016 11:41 AM

Hi I'm Elsie and I'm new to Book Country looking forward to learning more about the craft from people who know how things work.
Mimi Speike
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2016 3:02 PM

Hello, all. I suggest reading Steering the Craft by Ursula Le Guin, a philosophical overview of storytelling. Some nuts and bolts also, with the proviso, rules were made to be broken. I find it useful and, totally, inspiring. I'm writing a comment now, will post at some point. 

I'm still fiddling my thing. Can't convince myself that a certain section is up to snuff. I'm dragging, not getting solid sleep at night, jumping up every hour and reworking a line. (My iMac is right next to my bed.) But if it weren't, if I moved it away, I'd still jump up and jot on sticky notes. When I'm obsessed, I'm obsessed.

D'Estaing
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2016 4:07 PM

No obligation, but it would be really interesting to know where people are hearing about BookCountry. Is it a Google search, or a personal recommendation, word of mouth or a link from another writer's site?

D'Estaing

www.editorial.ie/blog

Mimi Speike
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2016 9:01 PM

I joined after seeing a mention on one of my favorite news/commentary sites, Huff Post, Salon, Daily Beast. Slate to a lesser degree, they repeat too much, on the same page! So annoying.
T.W. Kirchner
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 7:57 PM

I heard about BC from an author friend.
CJ Pittman
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2016 11:22 PM

hello back, don't feel left out, I am new, sort of.  been a member for more than a year and did nothing about it.  in the meantime wrote a memoir, 85% finished, but not sure where to go now. apparently it has been even longer than i thought, a member since 2013.  time flies.

--edited by CJ Pittman on 1/16/2016, 11:24 PM--

JoLong
Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2016 5:19 AM

Hi, everybody!

My name is Jo and I'm a newbie here)

I hope to have great time here communicating with colleagueshappy

Amber J. Wolfe
Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2016 7:49 AM

Hi, JoLong. Welcome to Book Country

Tell us a little about yourself. In fact, why not start another thread and introduce yourself formally? People will see your post easier that way

DJ Lutz
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2016 1:21 PM

Hi there, Jo! Welcome to Book Country. There is a lot to take in so look around and be sure and ask questions if you have any. There are many helpful authors (at all ability levels) that lurk, I mean keep up with the site and can offer assistance.

DJ

Dravid
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 12:00 AM

Been about a week so far even posted a manuscripe or two. P.S. my spelling is horrid. I'd try atroscious .....
Do catch me in reviewing mode even if I don't cretique too good.

(feedback)

Catch you Ron / Ronette.

Regards,  Dravid

Yuki
Posted: Monday, May 9, 2016 1:26 PM

hi! I'm Maria... I just made my account a few days ago!! Nice to be acquainted with you all, and I hope we became friends... By the way, I was trying to write a review for one of the manuscripts uploaded here, yet I can't type anything. Why is that happening?

Debasree Book Country Assistant
Posted: Monday, May 9, 2016 2:03 PM

Hi Yuki, 

Welcome to Book Country! We're excited to have you here! 

I am so sorry you haven't been able to review anything yet. I will see if I can help with that. Please send an email to debasree@bookcountry.com and I will see if I can get someone on our support team to fix that for you. 

Yuki
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 6:48 AM

Thanks for the concern! I finally solved my problem. I realize that I can't write my review if I'm using mobile. I hope the administrator would add this info (that the members of this community can't write their review when using mobile) to help other newbies. Or maybe  I just haven't read it. Anyway, thanks for your concern again and for welcoming me.
David Russell
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2016 11:24 AM

Hello Karon and all,
I too am new to BC but have been a member since 2014. Technical issues kept me away until now.

I participate in a couple writing groups online. One is critique oriented and has been very good. My biggest struggle is dialogue, keeping it from sounding stiff or stilted.

David Russell

Heavenly Ties
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2016 10:05 AM

Hello Everyone!

My name is Eleanor and I am also a "newbie".

I have always wanted to write and am very excited about this new journey.

Much success to each of you on your own journey! 

Jump to different Forum...