RSS Feed Print
Frustrated Newbie
JFSurvivor
Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2015 10:42 AM

Hey! *wave* I'm new! 

So I feel like I have hit the end of my rope with the writing process! I have edited and re-edited and it seems like it is never good enough for anyone! I don't even know what genere my story is! It seems like anyone who critiques my story only does the bare minimum and doesn't really think about it. 

I heard about this place from a friend online and this is like my last effort to get things back on track. 

Sorry for the rant. I am just really tired is all. 

Thanks for reading. 

P.S. I probably should mention that all this frusteration comes from people outside of book country. lol

Mimi Speike
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2015 2:26 AM

Do not worry what genre it is. If it's good, it's good. As I said, I will read it. And I give a shit about what it is. I expect to be delighted with your humor.

JFSurvivor
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2015 9:36 AM

Some of it is humerous but I do have some stories that are pretty dark. So be warned, This is where the issue with the genre comes in because I don't know what genre it is due to how much they fluxuate.
Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2015 3:07 PM

Hi JF--thanks for introducing yourself! Just sent you a connection request. Let me know if you need help with anything!
JFSurvivor
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2015 3:09 PM

Thanks so much!
Anita Marie
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2015 9:05 PM

Hi

Writing can be frustrating even when it's acknowledged the story is good. I have enough rejections to paper walls, and many of them say the story is good, just now what they want right now. Keep up the good work.

Sigh . . . you start to wonder if your children will ever find a home . . . and bring in the millions you deserve! Lol.

Is your story a book or a shorter work? When you say they fluctuate, you talking about the genres in general or your story? I'm sure your story fits something somewhere! First write it to the best of your ability and let us take a peek. You don't have to go this journey alone!

Welcome!happy

T.W. Kirchner
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 10:38 PM

Hi JF. I can understand your frustration. I'm a newbie to Book Country, too. It doesn't seem like anyone wants to read my material. I sent a connection request, and I'll give you an honest and thorough review. Since you like dark, you may enjoy my books. The two I've posted are actually the only dark ones I've written. Most of my material is fun middle grade. Keep plugging along and know you're not alone with your frustration.

Jump to different Forum...